Jay Scott

Sportsmans Input Sought by ConserveandProtectAZ.org-Unit wide Raffle and Auction Tags

I have no problems with my self reflections as I have donated time, money and labor on many hunting and veterans projects throughout my life and guess what I have never once asked for thank you, praise or anything of the such. I did it because I wanted to and not for any reward or grandstanding

Nefarious Red any ideas on what should be done in order to raise these needed funds?

lots of good ideas on this thread already. Lets get those thoughts clarified on paper, pick a person to present them and lets get moving. I tend to agree with the auction tags. But I will definitely set my thoughts on that aside if we have a better way.

Nefarious Red any ideas on what should be done in order to raise these needed funds?

lots of good ideas on this thread already. Lets get those thoughts clarified on paper, pick a person to present them and lets get moving. I tend to agree with the auction tags. But I will definitely set my thoughts on that aside if we have a better way.
Agreed there are a lot of good ideas already in this thread but I'm still trying to get an answer on how the proposed auction tag idea from the CAP guys would work when 100% of the monies generated from these tags would go back to the G&F. Since you tend to agree with auction tags can you answer for me?
The proposed auction tag money would not be handled by CAPAZ. This would be handled by Game and Fish to do the kind of education not allowed by Pittman Robertson. The political funds would be handled by CAPAZ, and not come from autions or raffles.

Thanks for the reply I but that didn't answer my question. How are the political funds that are to be handled by the CAPAZ going to be raised? If none of the money generated from these auction tags is going to the CAPAZ political funds then why are the tags needed by the CAPAZ in the first place?

Agreed there are a lot of good ideas already in this thread but I'm still trying to get an answer on how the proposed auction tag idea from the CAP guys would work when 100% of the monies generated from these tags would go back to the G&F. Since you tend to agree with auction tags can you answer for me?
The proposed auction tag money would not be handled by CAPAZ. This would be handled by Game and Fish to do the kind of education not allowed by Pittman Robertson. The political funds would be handled by CAPAZ, and not come from autions or raffles.

Thanks for the reply I but that didn't answer my question. How are the political funds that are to be handled by the CAPAZ going to be raised? If none of the money generated from these auction tags is going to the CAPAZ political funds then why are the tags needed by the CAPAZ in the first place?

If they can get the auction tags then CAPAZ will have their millionaire friends write them checks pretty much as a thank you for the auction tags. Thats my opinion anyway.

If they want so much help and support from the average sportsman now after the fight so they can get these auction tags is kind of like wanting a reward for their deed. I feel they should have come on here during the fight and said we need help to fight this thing right now and lets see how many people we can get out there to help us defeat HSUS. Maybe I missed their post asking for help as I am not on here much and if I did that is my bad

the strategy employed by CAPAZ has been thoroughly explained. But we reached out to over 20,000 hunters in this State and got a handful of active volunteers. Perhaps you should do some self reflections on your own contributions instead of trying to find fault with the group that bailed us out.

I sat through the meeting and took notes. I do not understand how CAPAZ is funded (maybe I missed that portion) Also, it was mentioned by CAPAZ Dignitaries that you only put your strategy together for the tags two weeks ago. So if you could tell me or point me to the web site where CAPAZ shows where they will get the money for the political battles I would be appreciative?

Also, Did the organization that you are part of raise the money for this fight against HSUS? Or did that money which they used come directly out of your pocket?

CAPAZ doesn't need the tags. An outside group has to petition the legislation for Game and Fish to be able ti do what they need to do. As far as funding for the political side of CAPAZ, thats why they are a 501c (4). So big donors can donate without exposing themselves to radical groups like HSUS.

If they want so much help and support from the average sportsman now after the fight so they can get these auction tags is kind of like wanting a reward for their deed. I feel they should have come on here during the fight and said we need help to fight this thing right now and lets see how many people we can get out there to help us defeat HSUS. Maybe I missed their post asking for help as I am not on here much and if I did that is my bad

the strategy employed by CAPAZ has been thoroughly explained. But we reached out to over 20,000 hunters in this State and got a handful of active volunteers. Perhaps you should do some self reflections on your own contributions instead of trying to find fault with the group that bailed us out.

I sat through the meeting and took notes. I do not understand how CAPAZ is funded (maybe I missed that portion) Also, it was mentioned by CAPAZ Dignitaries that you only put your strategy together for the tags two weeks ago. So if you could tell me or point me to web site where CAPAZ shows where they will get the money for the political battles?
Im not a member of CAPAZ, but I somewhat addressed that question in the above post.

CAPAZ doesn't need the tags.

I think this is what we have all been saying, so thank you for agreeing with us

• Like 1

Has anyone considered how the non hunting public would feel about this education fund being raised by raffling/auctioning off the opportunity to hunt animals? I may be wrong but I worry about a backlash from the very same people that we're try to get on our side.

You are trying to twist words to fit your narrative, so I will explain it again. CAPAZ is the group that has to do the work for Game and Fish to be able to auction or raffle tags. They have never claimed they would posses the tags. Really isn't that difficult to understand, and if you cant grasp the concept, you are in no position to even begin to think you can take on a political powerhouse like HSUS.

• Like 1

Has anyone considered how the non hunting public would feel about this education fund being raised by raffling/auctioning off the opportunity to hunt animals? I may be wrong but I worry about a backlash from the very same people that we're try to get on our side.

game and fish already does it for habitat.

And the the majority of the non hunting public has no idea.

• Like 1

Nefarious is an odd dude. I met him. He challenged me on why there were no hunters with him at the protests by HSUS. I asked him just how he notified any of us. He has videos on Facebook if you are into that. I don't belong to the social media deals. I really think he likes to pick up hippy chicks at the protests. That and he has a photo of fat old Don Peay as his avatar. I think he has a great deal of passion but still can't figure out how he ended up in this fight in the first place. By the way, the $250000 was all from the old groups that used their cash reserves.

• Like 1

And the the majority of the non hunting public has no idea.

that is why the education is important. The general public has no idea about anything Game and Fish does. And the anti hunters are lying to the public unabated.

Nefarious is an odd dude. I met him. He challenged me on why there were no hunters with him at the protests by HSUS. I asked him just how he notified any of us. He has videos on Facebook if you are into that. I don't belong to the social media deals. I really think he likes to pick up hippy chicks at the protests. That and he has a photo of fat old Don Peay as his avatar. I think he has a great deal of passion but still can't figure out how he ended up in this fight in the first place. By the way, the $250000 was all from the old groups that used their cash reserves.

I'm an odd dude because I get off my butt and do things to fight the fight, because i don't want HSUS to take any more of our heritage from us. I don't just talk the talk on internet forums.
  • Like 1

You are trying to twist words to fit your narrative, so I will explain it again. CAPAZ is the group that has to do the work for Game and Fish to be able to auction or raffle tags. They have never claimed they would posses the tags. Really isn't that difficult to understand, and if you cant grasp the concept, you are in no position to even begin to think you can take on a political powerhouse like HSUS.

I understand the disconnect between the two arms of CAPAZ. I understand the tags will support education to the 70% of the AZ residents that have no opinion on hunting.

What I am asking you in the simplest terms how is the political arm funded?

IF you ask me to draw a conclusion from your somewhat evasive answers, I would say the political arm is funded by the elite hunters that money is secondary and hunting areas that right now, money cannot buy, every year would be their interest. Please enlighten me and let me know how this conclusion is wrong.