Jay Scott

Sportsmans Input Sought by ConserveandProtectAZ.org-Unit wide Raffle and Auction Tags

I support the agency and have volunteered to work my butt off for a few projects. They do a good job IMO. I have hunted here for the last 52 years and other than the USO/SFW attack I can't remember when I was too worried about attacks on my rights to hunt. I did as much as I could on the lion initiative and you spent $250000. Where did that money go and just how did it beat back HSUS? Who controlled the spending? Was Wier's daughter's lobbying firm involved? That firm was hired by SFW and USO on the 2012 mess so hope not. This all started with the sky falling and we had to do something about HSUS. Just how did you people really beat them? Ask any hunter from Utah what happens when well intentioned people get hoodwinked into giving up precious tags to any group. It starts out just super duper then migrates to hundreds of tags and a huge SFW expo and a compromised G&F commission. Yes people will go back to sleep after they beat back an attack. That is just human nature. Not everyone is a groupie that makes a living from hunting.

• Like 3

Listen to the podcast 426. They beat them by hiring the petition company HSUS was planning on hiring before they did. Yes there is basically one.

• Like 2

Listen to the podcast 426. They beat them by hiring the petition company HSUS was planning on hiring before they did. Yes there is basically one.

Do they give any credit to the current laws in place that made it very tough to gather signatures anyway?

So the battle was won by retaining the _____ petition company that guarantees victory to anyone they fight for? I vote we find out what their price tag is, generate a couple bucks with car washes and get back to Habimaps.

That is all good. So they spent the money to make sure that HSUS could not hire them? How did that help? I think the new laws regarding petitions helped a lot. You would be better off going to the state legislators to introduce a bill exempting AZG&F from the initiative process. That would stop all of the special interest groups from interfering with wildlife management.

• Like 3

That is all good. So they spent the money to make sure that HSUS could not hire them? How did that help? I think the new laws regarding petitions helped a lot. You would be better off going to the state legislators to introduce a bill exempting AZG&F from the initiative process. That would stop all of the special interest groups from interfering with wildlife management.

This is what I would like to hear more about. I believe it was prop 109 that was suppose to make that happen but failed. Why did it fail? What could be changed to improve it so that it could pass? How does someone go about bringing that back? Hire a lobbyist? Googles generic answer says a lobbyist costs $5K-$25K a month. Could hunters raise that kind of cash? And for how long?

It seems like the goal right now is to drop $250K to hire this ballot initiative company every time the HSUS comes back. Why not drop that money on legislation instead and be done with it.

• Like 1

Kent if my understanding of the group is wrong please correct me....Im not sure what else I am misinformed on....Please enlighten me

What group? I already linked the g&f site for hpc explaining their structure whitch doesn't match your description of what you were told of a board of individuals foot this new fund.

I'm strictly addressing your words.

Kent

Do they give any credit to the current laws in place that made it very tough to gather signatures anyway?

Yes

Fantastic idea and should definitely be explored

• Like 1

Kent if my understanding of the group is wrong please correct me....I’m not sure what else I am misinformed on....Please enlighten me

Dave you said this...

"Absolutely no monies raised from tag and or permit fees can go to fight a political agenda. It would take a change to the state constitution. .....Please look into the money, time and effort required to do so. Also the slim chance it would be approved

Pittman - Robertson monies would require a complete change to the system country wide."

Now it's an educational program funded from the G&F not political. I've already addressed this in previous posts without calling out any specific posters quotes. An educational campaign can be funded conventionally and most probably with P/R funds.

Kent

• Like 1

Kent....Tge monies raised would be used to educate the approximately 70 plus % residents of Az that don’t hunt but don’t have an issue with it either....These are the individuals that that need to know that the department knows what is best for both game and non game species in the state....Not some outside group with there own agendas....If we can educate non hunters that hunting is very necessary to maintain healthy herds then just maybe the groups that want to end hunting won’t / can’t get their required signatures....This can all be done by the department without getting into a political battle......monies raised outside of tag auctions/raffles can be used to fight the political fight that more then likely we accompany the education aspect....But can be fought by someone other then the department....Without using tag monies