Jay Scott

Sportsmans Input Sought by ConserveandProtectAZ.org-Unit wide Raffle and Auction Tags

And mind you, the Arizona director of HSUS herself, Kellye Pinkleton, is going into classrooms IN Arizona and spreading their misinformation. We need an aggressive campaign, they aren't just focused on the coming months and years, but generations ahead.

Not saying we shouldn't fight but I think we are already screwed when it comes to the next generation. 40 years ago if you were in Arizona guns and hunting wad likely okay with you. Now so many people live in the conglomerate inner city they are detached from nature completely but think they are the enlightened ones because they hashtag Tilikum and think eating carrots is murder

No problem, if you quote me and want to comment on the white part of my post and not the black I'll correct you.

Kent

again, i think I'll do as I please. Let me know how long you want to continue the pissing contest before we get back to more relevant conversation.

A newbie with 29 posts such as this in a day. Such a way to win friends and influence people!

I actually think he is being quite open-minded as far as being willing to support issues other than auctioning tags even though he thinks it's necessary.

• Like 1

No problem, if you quote me and want to comment on the white part of my post and not the black I'll correct you.

Kent

again, i think I'll do as I please. Let me know how long you want to continue the pissing contest before we get back to more relevant conversation.

A newbie with 29 posts such as this in a day. Such a way to win friends and influence people!

I think you have a lot of insecurities if you are judging yourself off of post counts in a forum. And you are deluding yourself if you think they give you any clout. I think you might be just a tad bit upset that another rooster came into your henhouse and interrupted your bash fest of a good group of people.

Raffling/auctioning tags can only go to education, so that's what my post Red challenged me on was about. I don't care what other folks want to bring into this thread but if someone wishes to derail my commentary with deflection I will auto correct.

Kent

Raffling/auctioning tags can only go to education, so that's what my post Red challenged me on was about. I don't care what other folks want to bring into this thread but if someone wishes to derail my commentary with deflection I will auto correct.

Kent

i wasnt trying to challenge you, krp. Just offer my input. Carry on, I'm very interested in what you have to say.

OK, but so you can see where I'm coming from, you wrote starting with addressing me...

'We aren't talking about hunter education here.'

When I put effort in linking and commenting on possible solutions.

​Funding for political fights is a separate subject with separate funding possibilities, nothing to do with tags or PR.

The combining of these issues just confuse folks.

Kent

• Like 1

OK, but so you can see where I'm coming from, you wrote starting with addressing me...

'We aren't talking about hunter education here.'[/size]

When I put effort in linking and commenting on possible solutions.[/size]

​Funding for political fights is a separate subject with separate funding possibilities, nothing to do with tags or PR.

The combining of these issues just confuse folks.

Kent

i gotcha. And by my comment i wasn't intending on dismissing your input. I'm still very much interested in what you have to say.

The Hunter Education Program provides grant funds to the states and insular areas fish and wildlife agencies for projects to provide instruction in firearm operations and safety, wildlife management, nature conservation, ethics, game laws, outdoor survival and wilderness first aid.

projects to provide instruction... wildlife management, nature conservation, ethics, game laws.

I read a couple of different legal opinions earlier in the week and one said hunters/prospective hunters, which includes all public.

​So a public campaign to reach hunters and prospective hunters might be under the PR umbrella narrowly defined.

Kent

If Az game and fish had a page on there website addressing the hsus initiative with there own take on what it would have done to the wildlife population here in az would that be political? Seems like they could at least make a statement related to the proposed initiative as to what the detrimental effects would be. I understand they could not actively fight it but making a page on why it's best to let them make wildlife decisions seems pretty legit right? At least if they could do this one thing it would have at least given us hunters something to at least point people to while the battle was still going on. Like if I wanted to hand out flyers at sprouts next to the hippies I could say look here is how game and fish feels about it and have a link to that page along with other scientific data that shows why it would be bad. This war could have even been fought on Facebook if there would have been a link for the undecided to follow from people's fb accounts.

• Like 1

Kent

I think you have a lot of insecurities if you are judging yourself off of post counts in a forum. And you are deluding yourself if you think they give you any clout. I think you might be just a tad bit upset that another rooster came into your henhouse and interrupted your bash fest of a good group of people.

Thank you for your free psychoanalysis! I'll try to remember that my average of 20 posts/year should not make me insecure! I'll also remind myself not to bash "a good group of folks", but just hair-brained ideas. Thanks again - wink, wink.

• Like 1

Kent

I think you are in love with your own voice and frankly either just trolling or have very little concern with the issues.

Kent

I think you are in love with your own voice and frankly either just trolling or have very little concern with the issues.

i think you are inventing a problem that doesn't exist so you can be a hero on a non issue.

My facebook feed was alight with the possible cat ban, I have friends and extended family that don't hunt but like my hunting posts. They saw some of my feed I'm sure and hopefully came away positive.

If you were a bunny hugger their feed was probably the opposite.

Times my feed by all the other hunter's feeds, that's a huge voice for us.

I think there is a little bit of the sky is falling and the orgs think they are doing it all. But I'm trying not to just dismiss the education issue though I really have doubts, I'm trying to work in the context that it may work.

The reality is that the average sportsman as a whole consist of hundreds of thousands of folks, they do more hunter retention through their kids and grandkids than the orgs can ever hope to do, they put more money into G&F for wildlife through licenses and tags than all the orgs combined to ever hope to do. They are the reason we have hunting.

Complaining about us is a losing strategy, No better way to drive folks away than complain about them.

Kent

• Like 4

Kent

i think you are inventing a problem that doesn't exist so you can be a hero on a non issue.

yep trolling. Troll

That's the easy way out. Dismiss someone that takes you out of your comfort zone as a troll. I think you should sit this one out. You don't have what it takes to play at the level required to fight HSUS.

• Like 1