Jay Scott

Sportsmans Input Sought by ConserveandProtectAZ.org-Unit wide Raffle and Auction Tags

Nefarious- I still can't figure you out. You are way too involved in CPA to be a casual hunter. Are you in any way employed by anyone involved in CPA/SFW? You had the passion to go to many protests and risk arrest yet you say you are just one of us. I doubt that. I am thinking you are a plant. You remind me of my brother-in-law who trained the Saudis to fly F-16's then became a spook. What groups have you been involved with in AZ? Show us some of your posts on hunting forums over the years. You just popped up with your aggressive tone and something about you doesn't ring right.

That's the easy way out. Dismiss someone that takes you out of your comfort zone as a troll. I think you should sit this one out. You don't have what it takes to play at the level required to fight HSUS.

if only your opinion mattered. We can all agree the HSUS sucks, the question is funding and how to get it. Elites and those that cater to the elites want tags. Normal hunters want something else. The extremist on both sides should not be the focus, it should be the 70% that are not. Judging by your posts I am not sure I would want you leading a fight against anyone or anything.

That's the easy way out. Dismiss someone that takes you out of your comfort zone as a troll. I think you should sit this one out. You don't have what it takes to play at the level required to fight HSUS.

if only your opinion mattered. We can all agree the HSUS sucks, the question is funding and how to get it. Elites and those that cater to the elites want tags. Normal hunters want something else. The extremist on both sides should not be the focus, it should be the 70% that are not. Judging by your posts I am not sure I would want you leading a fight against anyone or anything.

don't worry about me leading. We have a group thats willing to lead and has the connections to do it. And as you said, it's about the funding. The education plan is a proven success in many states. So as I have told you, I'm on board to help. And if that means I pull my support for auction tags to move the education plan forward, then let's get to discussing the plan.

Now this is how I expected the meeting at Bass Pro to go.. Monday's should be interesting.

Hopefully all of this evolves into something productive and not just a 250 page pissing contest.

Now this is how I expected the meeting at Bass Pro to go.. Monday's should be interesting.

Hopefully all of this evolves into something productive and not just a 250 page pissing contest.

it will get resolved. We will butt heads for a minute, feeling each other out. Were you at the meeting last monday?

"We have a group thats willing to lead and has the connections to do it."

That's the kind of attitude that Hamberlin, Gilstrap, Weiers, and others (talk about connections) thought would win in 2012 with the HB2072 tag grab. We all can check the history of that effort.

On another front, earlier in this thread someone posted an article about Colorado and Michigan raising license fees to fund an education effort. I tried Google but it failed me. Does anyone know of a State that has implemented a raffle/auction tag program in addition to existing special tags for the purpose of funding an education campaign or is AZ to be the first? I'd like to study the details.

• Like 1

it will get resolved. We will butt heads for a minute, feeling each other out. Were you at the meeting last monday?

Yes. I'm pretty sure I was sitting next to you.. We were the parole board..

Answer my questions. Show us your handle on the various hunting websites so we can check you out. I did meet you and would like to know more about you.

Answer my questions. Show us your handle on the various hunting websites so we can check you out. I did meet you and would like to know more about you.

I don't generally bother with hunting websites. It's the same thing over and over, same people arguing amongst themselves for years. You can join Facebook and I will add you to our group, if it means that much to you. Other than that, you have my name and my youtube channel.

I don't generally bother with hunting websites. It's the same thing over and over, same people arguing amongst themselves for years. You can join Facebook and I will add you to our group, if it means that much to you. Other than that, you have my name and my youtube channel.
Well this isn't just any ol hunting site there amigo. Us coues hunters share a special bond for what's best for us and Arizona. And you ain't it. So take your tag grabbing idea and shove it up your a$$.
  • Like 4