Jay Scott

Sportsmans Input Sought by ConserveandProtectAZ.org-Unit wide Raffle and Auction Tags

The joining of forces ( the local wildlife organizations ) is exactly how the monies were raised to fight this recent HSUS attack. ( along with donations from a handful of private donors )....The local organizations had made it very clear they cannot continue to put forth those types of funds again and again and continue to do the everyday work they currently do.

Absolutely no monies raised from tag and or permit fees can go to fight a political agenda. It would take a change to the state constitution. .....Please look into the money, time and effort required to do so. Also the slim chance it would be approved

Pittman - Robertson monies would require a complete change to the system country wide.

so let me get this straight "PETE or floyd" Said that there group saved the mountain lion hunting ban by HSUS ??

Not true they are Liars like always. matter of fact PETE even said why it wouldnt pass.

the reason HSUS stopped the ban petition was clearly stated in this post by LANCE ie post #3 and the big picture he took, not to mention they(HSUS) more than likely got inudated with phones calls and emails from hunters normal hunters not clowns like PETE OR FLOYD

Read the print, if your old like me click on the pic it will get bigger and easier to read.

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/77500-save-arizona/

post-14908-0-44296300-1523585984_thumb.jpg

Whats even more funny is these tags they want are mainly for trophy hunters ie the reasons for an auction/ raffle tag cause they generate hugs amounts of revenue. HSUH wouldnt have stopped this petition based on these clowns and there groups solely on that alone.

the education part always cracks me up when its used to get something or look better for a certain cause. its nothing more than a feel good measure for people who dont have a clue. they see education and in there and already think oh boy these guys care about us.

Like Ringer said there not to be trusted at all, they have there own agenda. go online and look and see how much money they bring in and how much goes out for conservation. less than 50% goes to so called conservation. but conservation also more than likely goes to salaries as well. just hidden in the "conservation term"

Delw

• Like 4

Delbert you do not know what you are talking about. Can we please root this in reality and try to come up with a solution?

• Like 1

I am yet to be convinced that every hunter in the state should have to sacrifice the opportunity to hunt or take their kids hunting in order to get some rich guys money. The facts are that all of us should contribute to the level we are able and should not do so at the expense of another.

I could not in good conscience use my dollars to take opportunity away from another and call it conservation.

How many hunters receive big game permits each year? What if every hunter in the state GAVE more to conservation than they took? But they don't...they are entitled to it right? and conservation just magically happens...I don't know...Myself I could not in good conscience call "sacrificing" a few tags per hunt for conservation and the preservation of what I love a "sacrifice"...If I did I'd call that selfishness...and we're not even "sacrificing" the tags...EVERYBODY would have the opportunity to buy/bid on the tags...that would actually be another...more...a second opportunity to get a tag. I see it as a way to use our assets (deer elk etc.) to protect our ASSets...

• Like 2

I am yet to be convinced that every hunter in the state should have to sacrifice the opportunity to hunt or take their kids hunting in order to get some rich guys money. The facts are that all of us should contribute to the level we are able and should not do so at the expense of another.

I could not in good conscience use my dollars to take opportunity away from another and call it conservation.

How many hunters receive big game permits each year? What if every hunter in the state GAVE more to conservation than they took? But they don't...they are entitled to it right? and conservation just magically happens...I don't know...Myself I could not in good conscience call "sacrificing" a few tags per hunt for conservation and the preservation of what I love a "sacrifice"...If I did I'd call that selfishness...and we're not even "sacrificing" the tags...EVERYBODY would have the opportunity to buy/bid on the tags...that would actually be another...more...a second opportunity to get a tag. I see it as a way to use our assets (deer elk etc.) to protect our ASSets...

you have an extra 50k-100k laying around to throw at an auction tag? I don't. But what most of us do have is an extra $50-$100 to throw at some raffle tags. And so do the rich guys. So that's why I'm all for raffle tags and no auction tags. Everyone on the same level and money still gets raised.
  • Like 3

Sorry azkiller it looks like trophy hunter and jack posted before your post went up. I appreciate the compliment.

• Like 1

you have an extra 50k-100k laying around to throw at an auction tag? I don't. But what most of us do have is an extra $50-$100 to throw at some raffle tags. And so do the rich guys. So that's why I'm all for raffle tags and no auction tags. Everyone on the same level and money still gets raised.
I cant imagine spending that kind of $ on a tag...doesnt mean Im opposed or against to someone that does...the world will never be on the same level...And I dont see the guy/gal thats willing and able to spend 100k...200k on a tag as the enemy...I will still be benefiting from their $$$ that goes towards something that I love...

As stated by others, allocating a public resource for a PAC is unlikely to pass the legislature and IMO would set a precedent that could have negative consequenses down the road.

I will NEVER advocate allowing public hunting permits be made available to any private entity. Landowner, PAC, whatever. Once a hog is at a trough, not easy to get them away from it.

• Like 3

I cant imagine spending that kind of $ on a tag...doesnt mean Im opposed or against to someone that does...the world will never be on the same level...And I dont see the guy/gal thats willing and able to spend 100k...200k on a tag as the enemy...I will still be benefiting from their $$$ that goes towards something that I love...

But how do you know all that money ends up in the right place

Raffle tags only , no auction tags. Auction tags equals slippery slope. Raffle tags include the average Jo at least. Auction tags is total bs. Level the playing field with raffle tags only. Auction tags equals one big scam for Rich. Raffle tags can benefit anyone not just the rich.

So if I am understanding this idea and it gets turned into law it will create a sort of Socioeconomic level to hunting. Where the richest 1 or 2 percent get the best tags and us poor commoners will get to hunt jack rabbits, javelina and they occasional cow elk. If we follow the money line farther the guides that take these new annual tag holders will benefit. The administrators will pad there pockets with high admin fees for these new tags and the only ones that will not, are hunters that have waited there entire lives for a tag that is farther out of reach.

Its not the message that have people up in arms, its the messengers. They have an obvious vested interest in taking from the citizens of Arizona and cashing in into what apparently is a Scottsdale address after looking at their board of directors.

I have known mafia members and drug runners with more integrity than some of these non profits. Cap the admin fees at say 5% and watch this initiative die.

• Like 4

Look, I am all for raising money to fight the antis. But I believe that this type of shift away from the North American model, and toward a pay to play system is wrong for our heritage our community and the wildlife.

This system isnt asking hunters to give more than they take away anymore than me buying a lottery ticket is me supporting education. The sacrifice I am talking about is way more than tags, its the fidelity of the system of wildlife management in this state and throughout the West. I agree, hunters need to contribute, and I have said many many times, its our responsibility in life to bring more than we take away. That means actually taking part in conservation, not just trying to get a second round of dollars out of our wildlife in the form of raffles for tags that everyone already applied for.

The more I listen to the pro auction/raffle tag crowd, the more opposed to the idea I am becoming.

• Like 4