GreyGhost85

New SFW Tag Grab Initiative

it was already posted about this morning but i feel like a lot of people are missing it due to the title.

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/79143-sportsmans-input-sought-by-conserveandprotectazorg-unit-wide-raffle-and-auction-tags/

Basically, SFW disguised under a new name had a meeting last night at Cabelas. The agenda was to push for a tag raffle/auction again. I listened to most of it. A quick rundown is they are taking credit for putting an end to the HSUS campaign that was trying to stop cat hunting in Arizona. They claim the intent of the new tag grab would be to "fund their fight" against HSUS next time they try to make another run at cat hunting. It is plain and simple. Rich guys are having a run at our tags again and are trying to push the Utah model to Arizona once more. The scary thing is,this time it looks they have strong support from AZGFD. Get the word out folks. this one REALLY matters

• Like 7

Already sent out numerous emails this morning. Hopefully there will be enough of us willing to fight it again. As soon as i heard Petes voice on the podcast i wanted to vomit.

• Like 1

Any idea how many tags were talking about?

Doesn’t matter if it’s 1 tag. As soon as it passes, the floodgates will open. Unit 9,10,23,1 early rifle hunts will have single digit tag numbers in the public drae. Forget about sheep tags, forget about antelope tags, forget about strip tags. If this passes, those tags will be raffled and auctioned. They don’t want standard tags, they want a large percentage of the coveted tags. Ask working Joe that lives in Utah how much they like it.

• Like 2

More than average joe can afford. I think they average 10-30k in Utah if i had to guess

• Like 1

Guys-

I have a follow question and answer session with Pete Cimallero today about last nights meeting in which you can hear on episode 423 of my podcast. I have a bunch of questions to ask him. If you have a specific question that you would like answered please post them here and I will do my best to get all of the questions answered. I will then be posting our conversation in its entirety on my podcast so that we call all try to be informed as possible. I would ask all Sportsman to hear all of the facts and then form and make an informed decision. At the meeting last night, they were adamant that they want this to be completely transparent and open for discussion among Sportsman unlike the last thing similar to this in 2012. I for one understand as Sportsman that we are facing numbers of issues from many people who want to see our heritage of hunting going away. Lets get all of the facts then each individual can make their mind up. I was sick to see Grizzly Bear hunting in BC go away just by it getting on the ballot. I'm afraid we could easily see something similar happen in our near future. There will be additional meetings on this where the public sportsman is encouraged to come. Last night their was only 12 sportsman who showed up. I'm trying to get as much info out to your guys as possible.

Please post your specific questions and I will do my best to get them all answered

In all fairness, Pete Cimallero has probably done more for the wildlife in the state of Arizona on a complete volunteer basis than anyone I know. For probably 30 plus years. I think all of his ideas and commentary need to be fully listened to before jumping to conclusions. I'm not saying you have to agree with him at all BUT I do believe he has earned the right to be listened to and respected for what he has done for all of us Sportsman.

I know this is a very complex and complicated issue. I would ask everyone to at least be respectful of ALL opinions. For the record, I was at some of the meetings last time and heard Pete with my own ears voice his opinion against what was being proposed. I'm sure there is a reason now that his opinion has changed. I will be diligent to find out what is different now.

There is a presentation tonight at Embassy Suites 5001 N. Scottsdale, AZ 7pm at Arizona Desert Bighorn Sheep Society. Please go out an get fully informed.

• Like 2

Guys-

I have a follow question and answer session with Pete Cimallero today about last nights meeting in which you can hear on episode 423 of my podcast. I have a bunch of questions to ask him. If you have a specific question that you would like answered please post them here and I will do my best to get all of the questions answered. I will then be posting our conversation in its entirety on my podcast so that we call all try to be informed as possible. I would ask all Sportsman to hear all of the facts and then form and make an informed decision. At the meeting last night, they were adamant that they want this to be completely transparent and open for discussion among Sportsman unlike the last thing similar to this in 2012. I for one understand as Sportsman that we are facing numbers of issues from many people who want to see our heritage of hunting going away. Lets get all of the facts then each individual can make their mind up. I was sick to see Grizzly Bear hunting in BC go away just by it getting on the ballot. I'm afraid we could easily see something similar happen in our near future. There will be additional meetings on this where the public sportsman is encouraged to come. Last night their was only 12 sportsman who showed up. I'm trying to get as much info out to your guys as possible.

Please post your specific questions and I will do my best to get them all answered

In all fairness, Pete Cimallero has probably done more for the wildlife in the state of Arizona on a complete volunteer basis than anyone I know. For probably 30 plus years. I think all of his ideas and commentary need to be fully listened to before jumping to conclusions. I'm not saying you have to agree with him at all BUT I do believe he has earned the right to be listened to and respected for what he has done for all of us Sportsman.

I know this is a very complex and complicated issue. I would ask everyone to at least be respectful of ALL opinions. For the record, I was at some of the meetings last time and heard Pete with my own ears voice his opinion against what was being proposed. I'm sure there is a reason now that his opinion has changed. I will be diligent to find out what is different now.

There is a presentation tonight at Embassy Suites 5001 N. Scottsdale, AZ 7pm at Arizona Desert Bighorn Sheep Society. Please go out an get fully informed.

Jay you may need to write it in crayon so these idiots can understand what is actually at stake here. Its amazing every single wild life conservation group in the state is trying to stop HSUS yet no one in the hunting community wants to do anything to help out. Just sad. If we dont do something and help out then hunting will change as we know it in 3-5 years.

• Like 1

Jay you may need to write it in crayon so these idiots can understand what is actually at stake here. Its amazing every single wild life conservation group in the state is trying to stop HSUS yet no one in the hunting community wants to do anything to help out. Just sad. If we dont do something and help out then hunting will change as we know it in 3-5 years.

What he said!

I've known Pete since the 1970s. He's probably done more for conservation in this state than 99.9% of the members here. He's one of the reasons that more than twice as many hunters get to chase desert sheep now than in the 1970s.

• Like 1

What he said!

I've known Pete since the 1970s. He's probably done more for conservation in this state than 99.9% of the members here. He's one of the reasons that more than twice as many hunters get to chase desert sheep now than in the 1970s.

I don't know Pete and what he has done but sounds like a good guy. BUT that doesn't mean just because Pete has helped wildlife his whole life that we need to agree with or support something he does or agrees with. I'm saying right now if any sort of extra auction tags are brought to the table its gonna get crazy. They can make their money other ways and not involve the rich guys having an advantage. I'm all for the raffle tags with a limit on number of tickets per person if that's truly the best way to raise money to save hunting. I just think there are better ways that don't involve taking tags from regular Joe's and giving them to people with money. Best idea so far is a habitat stamp that's $10-$20 a year and that money goes to this fund.
  • Like 1

What he said!

Idiots? Ummm, only if we let a few people move forward with something that was fought and defeated soundly several years ago. Making demeaning statements about guys on this site who are passionate about this topic is an interesting tact. Good luck with that... ;)

As stated by bonecollector777, just because Pete has done LOTS for wildlife does not at all mean that we need to agree with him or the group he represents. Seems like that would be idiotic to me. ^_^

• Like 4

What he said!

Best idea so far is a habitat stamp that's $10-$20 a year and that money goes to this fund.

That money would go into the G&F coffers and could only be used for HABITAT -- not political activism, which is illegal anyway.

Like many here, I'm not quick to jump to conclusions until I know ALL the facts. At this point, I do not.

Now, I'm making an assumption here, because it's the only way to battle HSUS and future initiatives LEGALLY. The majority of funds from the tags will need to go direct to Pete's organization and be earmarked for specific purposes.

• Like 1