GreyGhost85

New SFW Tag Grab Initiative

how have we functioned all this time without these funds

Are you being intentionally dense or playing your usual games?

Reread what I wrote -- slowly if that what it takes for you to understand it correctly.

why do we need this now was my question

I talked to Dave again and he explained in further detail that basically any money from any tag or fee from azgfd cant be used to fight political fights even if it's against themselves. Dumb but apparently that's the law and the state would get sued. Also all the money from big game super raffle is all allocated to wildlife habitat projects as of right now. Don't know why they couldnt change that though.

He said as of right now they're talking about possibly removing one of the auction tags and turning it into a unit specific auction tag that only can be hunted during a particular season and that money would be able to be given to this new fund. He also said they would auction off 1 lower quality October coues and other lower quality tags and that money would be given to this new fund. Claimed there would never be any new state wide auction tags or any extra high quality hunts auctioned off.

Then regarding the raffe of tags they would definitely have some sort of limit on number of tags. Possibly as low as 1 tickets per person for each drawing. He said none of the tags will be taken out of the regular hunt tag pools.

Just passing on the info and I'm sure Jay will have more answers after the meeting but I'll have to wait til final drafts to believe what they're gonna try and do.

Nothing like the main village idiot getting it. Dave needed to spell it out for you.

The problem is that what Dave apparently told bonecollector777 deviates from what Pete was recorded saying in the podcast. The summary of Dave's input above makes it sound like the only auction tags would be the ones that are currently allocated. ("..... removing one of the auction tags and turning it into a unit specific auction tag that only can be hunted during a particular season and that money would be able to be given to this new fund. He also said they would auction off 1 lower quality October coues and other lower quality tags and that money would be given to this new fund.")

Pete made it very clear that there would be auction tags out of the new proposed allocation of tags. NOT all raffle. This is different from how Dave is trying to explain it.

That being said, I fully concede that at this point much of the information in this thread is basically "he said" hear-say. Much of it 3rd or 4th person at this point. Another reason for folks to get actively involved and show-up at the meetings to get the low-down in person!

S.

• Like 1

Are you aware of what HSUS was trying to do? Are you aware of what HSUS has done in the past, i.e. with bear hunting in CO, leg-hold traps here is AZ, etc. It takes MONEY to fight those political battles, and G&F funds cannot be legally used for such. The lack of such money is why HSUS was successful with the trap initiative. I'll also guess that if HSUS succeeds with the cat vote, it will then go after ALL bear hunting in AZ.

• Like 1

I just completed a question and answer interview with Pete Cimellaro of Conserve and Protect Arizona. (Episode 424) I tried to ask as many questions as I could. There is a meeting tonight that starts at 6pm Embassy Suites in Scottsdale 5001 N. Scottsdale Rd that is open to the public. It is before the normally scheduled meeting of the Arizona Desert Bighorn Sheep Society. I think there is alot of information in this interview about what is going on.

Episode 424 Jay Scott Outdoors Podcast

For IOS and Apple users, https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/jay-scott-outdoors-western/id970694987?mt=2

For Android and PC users, http://jayscottoutdoors.podbean.com/?source=pb

Please send questions. comments and concerns to info@conserveandprotectaz.org

Stanley...Please give me a call. Blake and I had an hour long conversation that can’t be summarized in a sentence or two. I would be happy to TRY and answer all /any questions you have....Dave 602-228-1719

• Like 2

Are you aware of what HSUS was trying to do? Are you aware of what HSUS has done in the past, i.e. with bear hunting in CO, leg-hold traps here is AZ, etc. It takes MONEY to fight those political battles, and G&F funds cannot be legally used for such. The lack of such money is why HSUS was successful with the trap initiative. I'll also guess that if HSUS succeeds with the cat vote, it will then go after ALL bear hunting in AZ.

The cat initiative is already dead. I will wait to hear the whole proposal but asking why we need this now is a valid question. I tend to believe these kind of fights should be funded by donation from concerned citizens.

Even though I would support an organization fighting HSUS I don't feel this is an ethical way to do it.

Consider if HSUS was auctioning off state resources to fund their initiatives. Hunting tags are state resources. Just because you agree with this group this time doesn't mean you always will or that it's the right thing to do.

• Like 5

Stanley...Please give me a call. Blake and I had an hour long conversation that can’t be summarized in a sentence or two. I would be happy to TRY and answer all /any questions you have....Dave 602-228-1719

Thanks, Dave! Running for a business dinner now, but will try to call you later tonight or at some point tomorrow. I really DO want to understand it fully!

Stan

• Like 1

Pete was the greatest guy on earth last time when he was in the pocket of Don Peay. Same guy and same pocket. If he is in AZSFW he is the enemy of public land hunters who oppose giving tags out for any sort of fundraising. We are soon to hear what a super duper guy he is and how this new idea will benefit all of us. Look at Utah and how Peay lobbies politicians until he takes control of the commission. Yes they do some good projects but there is one goal and that is to allow the purchase of access to prime big game tags. Last time SCI and ADA came out for this crap before we all threw a fit. We need 40 voters with pitchforks at the May commission meeting. If Mother Theresa convinces us otherwise we can always stay home. Did anyone ask if Don Peay and SFW Utah is involved with any of this?

• Like 3

Jay, i have for the most part been a supporter of what you do. You say you are undecided as of now, but the interview proves indifferently. You pitched that boy nothing but softballs and did not ask any opposing questions at all. You defended him and his “cause” thoroughly. This guy is a snake and a lackey of Peay, Hamberlin, Gallo and Meyer. Nothing more. He takes credit for stopping HSUS but will not say how or what they did. All he says is they “worked in the shadows”, which is probably true because that’s how they get their initiative passed is by “working in the shadows”.

• Like 3

So can this title 17 be petitioned to change? Has it ever been tried? Or am I just gonna get called dense and a crayola hunter for asking? Honestly, everyone complains about how the money is collected and spent. Has there ever been an effort to try and change it?

• Like 2

Jay, i have for the most part been a supporter of what you do. You say you are undecided as of now, but the interview proves indifferently. You pitched that boy nothing but softballs and did not ask any opposing questions at all. You defended him and his “cause” thoroughly. This guy is a snake and a lackey of Peay, Hamberlin, Gallo and Meyer. Nothing more. He takes credit for stopping HSUS but will not say how or what they did. All he says is they “worked in the shadows”, which is probably true because that’s how they get their initiative passed is by “working in the shadows”.

They did the same thing last time...had people come on here and try to act like our friend and tell us how good it would be for wildlife in Az. Bunch of snakes

• Like 1

So can this title 17 be petitioned to change? Has it ever been tried? Or am I just gonna get called dense and a crayola hunter for asking? Honestly, everyone complains about how the money is collected and spent. Has there ever been an effort to try and change it?

I asked that and was told yeah it can be changed but it would take 3-5 years of legislation and we don't have that long. The one thing that does kind of worry me and catch my attention is how they are portraying it as we better do this or hunting as we know it will end. Kind of seems odd that this is the only way to saving it but who knows maybe it is the only way to get the money fast to stop HSUS. still a lot of questions to be answered. Another interesting one was oh hey now that you know about it 5 hours ago were gonna have our question answering session at 6 tonight. Like we can make it down that fast.

Jay, i have for the most part been a supporter of what you do. You say you are undecided as of now, but the interview proves indifferently. You pitched that boy nothing but softballs and did not ask any opposing questions at all. You defended him and his “cause” thoroughly. This guy is a snake and a lackey of Peay, Hamberlin, Gallo and Meyer. Nothing more. He takes credit for stopping HSUS but will not say how or what they did. All he says is they “worked in the shadows”, which is probably true because that’s how they get their initiative passed is by “working in the shadows”

Grey Ghost-I'm sorry you didn't like the interview. I tried to get as much info out of Pete rather than be confrontational. We had a 45 minute window before Pete had to go to the next meeting. I have always respected the work that Pete has done for Sportsmen and thought that I asked him questions which brought out the info that would help Sportsmen formulate their own opinion. You are entitled to your opinion of my interviewing skills and I respect that. I will continue to strive for bringing out info on my podcast.