Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

Who's the oldest hunter you know?

I'm 54 years old. I lost my Dad when I was 4. I like the fact that you guys take the time to let people know that you appreciate hving your Dad around. The older I get the more I miss him. shayne

• Like 1

Anyone know if Lark is still around?

Haven't heard from Lark in quite some time. I guess Quimby is probably our resident Grandpa around here, TJ is on deck ;)

This great man is my dad, he took this coues two seasons ago at 311 yrds with a cross wind. He was 74 at the time and he still goes dove and quail with me. I think I can get him out deer hunting one more time.

attachicon.gif025.JPG

OK here is the result of talking and talking to my dad about another deer tag.

This is last years 2nd hunt opening day success before noon.

post-5396-0-82720200-1373000059_thumb.jpg

The great thing is, he has an Elk tag this year.

• Like 1

I enjoy threads like this one about the "Oldest hunter we know". Here is an update on my "oldest hunter I know", my Dad. He's still getting around as he closes in on his 73rd Birthday. He's picky on game he is willing to try and take and waits for a literally "perfect" shot angle before he'll squeeze the trigger on his .270 Winchester or his .50 caliber Knight Muzzleloading Rifle as he doesn't want to have a game recovery issue if he were to place a bullet poorly. He has a bit of a tremble in his aim and recognizes his limitations and hunts accordingly. For him, and for me, it's become more about the time spent outdoors together that matters most, game on the meat-pole or not. Here's to hoping he has many more years left on the calendar. Best wishes to all your special older hunters too!

Jim Rich

MV, AZ

post-452-0-59797400-1387754852_thumb.jpg

post-452-0-77627800-1387755447_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

This is pretty cool, my family lives on the east coast and my dad doesn't hunt, he is more of a sailor now that he is retired. . But my great grandfather, Grandpa Joe, hunted dear in upstate NY until his late 80's. Quit hunting a few years before he passed away because he got too tired to pack out deer alone. Still drove and played the lottery right up until his death though. Makes me wish i was able to spend more time with him, I am fortunate enough to have my grand parents around still to share the stories of him.

I do really enjoy hunting with my friends fathers when we get out in the woods, I love hearing the stories from the "old farts".

• Like 1

Mr Charles Cunningham (84 y/o) of Sierra Vista. Yesterday I watched this man climb a ridge to put a shot on a nice buck chasing some does. This ole man climbed that hill better than many half his age....me included. He was not able to take that crafty ole buck, but the rut is on and it's just a matter of time. My hats of to Mr. Chuck. Hope i can hump it up a hill like he did when I am 84 years old.

• Like 1

Well here he is my Pop's aka Shorty. Most of our friends and family call him The Colonel!!! My dad is the coolest and funniest man I know. When your around the camp fire you'll know why. He still enjoys being in Gods country at 74 years old. He's one of those ol' skoo work horses that never stops. He just keeps going and going. He has thought me everything I know about hunting and how to be a responsible man. Love this man!!!

JD

post-3832-0-11624800-1417710158_thumb.jpg

I posted about my dad in this thread over 7 years ago; he’ll be 80 in April. He called me in the afternoon on March 4th and said “Hey, did you get on your computer and get me in the Utah draw for the Paunsaugunt? I’m due.” “Yeah Dad, I took care of it.”

You gotta love it, almost 80 and still dreaming of another go-around after a big mule deer buck!

• Like 6

I have a good friend in CA,  Roy Brill.  I met him in 1988 archery hunting in Kaibab.  He grew up in Africa hunting with the natives.  his Parents were missionaries.  Roy is 91 now, still archery hunts.  Roy also takes his Harley out for a 35 mile ride 2 times a week.  

Roy has the best attitude about life and living to the fullest I have every seen.  He has had some very hard things in his time.  He just keeps going.  

• Like 3