Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

Venison roast Friday

Like the top photo comment says, sous vide.

Salt,pepper,butter,rosemary, sealed in ziploc bag air taken out and sous vide at 132 for 3 or more hours then marked hard in a Dutch oven with olive oil no more than 3 or so minutes then rest for 45 minutes.

Had some for lunch today and it was tender but not as moist.

Search "sous vide everything" on YouTube, you'll look at cooking meat in a whole new light. Game changer.

I started using this method while catering some private dinners. It's hard to mess up and helps with timing for a large party meal.

It's also great for meal in a bag dinner.

I like to cook carrots,onions,potatoes,spinach,in a pan then place in vacuum bag with chicken breast and put in sous vide at 160 degrees for several hours and eat whenever dinner hits. Works awsome and little fus or mess

• Like 1

Like the top photo comment says, sous vide.

Didnt atch that but either way I dont speak Spanish so dont know what means. Ill have to look it up. Thanks. Ill have to try it out

I've always felt compelled to break apart the rear muscle groups and cut out the lymphnode that's between them. The end result is a rear that is no longer in one, concise piece. It looks like you left the lymphnode in place, was that because you didn't want to break down the muscle groups, or because you don't see any benefit in removing it?

Prepping for sous vide

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg