bonecollector777

Conserve and Protect AZ SURVEY/

41 now

Is that total from all the facebook groups as well or just on here?
It doesn't say where they are seeing it but it's at 113 now. Gonna give it a couple more days see what it gets too and I'll post up the results.
  • Like 1

bonecollector777 thanks for your time and efforts at developing, collecting and interpreting this survey.......

Blake, I have told you I agreed with your survey. Thank you .

I have a few questions. 1. Are people able to answer the survey multiple times? 2. I know you put this survey in front of what is possibly tens of thousands of hunters. Do you think the fact that there were only 137 responses underlines a big problem in Arizona, and that is a general lack of participation?

I know I am quite dismayed that there are not at least a couple thousand responses. None the less, thank you for all your efforts.

*edit* When you combine the total number of people that do not want any type of new tag or any auction tag, and then you combine the total number of people that want an auction of raffle tag of some sort, the results are 68 to 61 in a survey that had 137 responses, not to include the 8 people that answered "other".

Blake, I have told you I agreed with your survey. Thank you .

I have a few questions. 1. Are people able to answer the survey multiple times? 2. I know you put this survey in front of what is possibly tens of thousands of hunters. Do you think the fact that there were only 137 responses underlines a big problem in Arizona, and that is a general lack of participation?

I know I am quite dismayed that there are not at least a couple thousand responses. None the less, thank you for all your efforts.

*edit* When you combine the total number of people that do not want any type of new tag or any auction tag, and then you combine the total number of people that want an auction of raffle tag of some sort, the results are 68 to 61 in a survey that had 137 responses, not to include the 8 people that answered "other".

It was set to be able to only answer once per person. It was posted here and a few facebook pages but no way to tell how many people it actually reached. I was hoping for a couple hundred not thousands as I knew it wouldn't get spread state wide.

As for the numbers. I'd read it as half of the people dont want any tags at all and most of the other half are ok with raffle tags. And I'm fine with that. But you CAN see the overwhelming majority don't want auction tags. And that's the point I was hoping would be made.

• Like 1

I hear you loud and clear. And I dont want to speak for you, so I will ask you, do you agree with the need for a comprehensive strategy to defeat groups like HSUS, including the proposed Game and Fish education plan? I know someone posted a very good article on the States that have implemented it and its success.

Also, based upon your results and your own statement of being on board with raffle tags, would you support a plan that includes raffle tags and maybe a fee or stamp of some sort?

Like ive said, I tend to agree with auction tags. But I also understand that there are also talented and dedicated hunters that do not want them, and I respect those opinions and I have no problem pulling my support for auction tags if it means pushing the plan forward.

I agree there is a need to fight HSUS but I'm not in agreement that we have to jump into something as fast as CAPAZ is making it sound. They're portraying it like by 2020 we wont have hunting anymore which is just a scare tactic to jump on their bandwagon.

I think the best plan yet was the idea that Colorado and Michigan already implemented. We have plenty of time to get something like that in position.

I think using tags should be a last resort. NOT the first and only resort like CAPAZ is wanting. The stamp or fee proposed would raise plenty of money as is. Mix that with the Colorado and Michigan plan and you've got what you need. But if it came down to it as a last resort I wouldn't mind a few raffle tags. With a limit on number of tickets per person.

I dont know why anyone is for auction tags at all when there are so many other options to raise some money. I truly and honestly believe CAPAZ is pushing for auction tags because they know some of the wealthy guys buying the tags will thank them with donations. I base that off or some thing Pete has said regarding guys ready to write million dollar checks.

• Like 1