After gathering 17 bonus points, I drew this tag! I have never been there but I was extremely tired of waiting. It is crazy to me that even with 17 points, I could only draw the second hunt. There are only 3 tags on each hunt, so it was tough to get drawn but I am so glad I did. This was the only tag I was certain to draw by the numbers. I am an avid spring hunter, 15 years on San Carlos and several hunts on public lands. I have harvested over 25 birds during spring hunts. If anyone has any information on the bird population, areas to hunt, and places to start, I would really appreciate and direction/guidance you may have to offer. I want to shoot this bird with my bow, but will not eat this tag. Very dedicated to achieving the Arizona Slam with my bow. I have heard that game and fish has trapped birds here, and some years the numbers are down. Any help would be great.

• Like 4

We see them from time to time, but to my knowledge there isn't a whole lot of them running around. I've had a few on camera here and there over the past few years. biggest group I've seen has been in the pass heading to Ft grant from Safford. but that was a few years back.

Here is my Gould's video from April of 12018 in Unit 31. Great hunt but my only regret is that I didn't use my bow.  I had foot injury right before the hunt and had to hunt in a hard sole slipper.  I have a lot of other short videos, but the one I attached was the best one. Not very many turkeys up there,, but when you find one, they are very easy to call in. I have killed over 20 turkeys in AZ, and this experience was second to none. Rio in 13B is next on the list.  Thank all of you for the information and helpful replies, it was GREATLY appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nku4HP9aoGs&t=2s

• Like 1

Very nice, I had 35a the previous year ,wish i could of had it filmed. I went solo,great hunt ,congrats...........BOB!