Flatlander

Conserve and Protect Meeting 4/23/2018

6:30 PM Fine Gun Room @ Bass Pro Shops

Please come, listen and most importantly SPEAK UP!

I just got home. Good meeting with lots of ideas.

I'm still against raffle/auction tags, but I do have to say, I have a different perspective on this process than I did 24hrs ago.

I think we gave them something to think about, but judging by Petes conversation that I overheard in the parking lot, its not over.

Anyone else find it funny that we are trying to convince an outside group, that should have no say in it, to not take our tags?

• Like 4

Wish I would have seen this before now. Sorry I missed this one. :mellow: Were there a lot of people there?

TJ

I dont trust Pete one bit. I think he showed his true cards when he started calling people he didnt even know as FOOLS.

I spoke with several other board members and appreciated their thoughts, input and dialogue. I think most of them are very interested in coming up with as many ideas as possible.

I think Pete is a snake and I think that he unwaveringly committed to getting tags. I dont think thats the case for everyone on that board.

• Like 2

Wish I would have seen this before now. Sorry I missed this one. :mellow: Were there a lot of people there?

TJ

Maybe 30 people in the room.

• Like 1

TJ

Maybe 30 people....but I didn't do an actual count.

Most board members seemed at least interested with our ideas (whether they truly were or not is yet to be seen) Pete made it very clear he was just there as a formality. He even looked like he was sleeping at some points and only responded to people by calling them fools or that they should implement the ideas themselves. Even after somebody told him we are simply giving alternatives to the tag grab. He was very rude and unprofessional and made it clear hes going for the tags no matter what we say. I forget his name, but the one running the meeting seemed to do a good job at letting everyone speak. For the most part the board seemed to agree that most people dont want auction tags and very few are okay with raffle tags. I made the point that their cheaper "auction" tags wouldn't bring in more than a couple hundred thousand dollars. I would bet a few desirable raffle tags would bring in more money. So far the best and simplest idea that would bring in several million dollars is the license fee increase. A lot of ideas were given but the commission meeting on May 4th will really show us if they care what we said.

• Like 1

I dont trust Pete one bit. I think he showed his true cards when he started calling people he didnt even know as FOOLS.

I spoke with several other board members and appreciated their thoughts, input and dialogue. I think most of them are very interested in coming up with as many ideas as possible.

I think Pete is a snake and I think that he unwaveringly committed to getting tags. I dont think thats the case for everyone on that board.

Yup thats the Pete we all know from way back when, hasnt changed a bit I see.

wait till this group gets more momentum everything you all talked about will twisted around to make it sound like your in favor of more WELFARE TAGS.

Was any Commisioners or G&F guys there?

A lot of ideas were given but the commission meeting on May 4th will really show us if they care what we said.

Start Emailing and calling commissioners they will have the final say, not you I or even PETE.

Pete and his Merry Men have a little more appeal to the commissioners, and they know how to get in with them. so its a good idea to start hammering the commissioners immediately. At least during the commision meeting they will have it in the back of there mind what the public wants/ thinks vs PETES group.

those who get to the commissioners 1st wins so too speak.

Blake your survey data came across as very well informed. You reached more people in that survey than they have in weeks of outreach.

I suggest emailing the results to the commissioners just as we are planning with the presentation.

I just got home. Good meeting with lots of ideas.

I'm still against raffle/auction tags, but I do have to say, I have a different perspective on this process than I did 24hrs ago.

what has changed, as far as your perspective? I thought there was some solid ideas put on the table.