Sign in to follow this  
GJMauro12

The tinder fire

We were looking at a house up there. Is now on the fire edge. Dang!

Though it has burned through a corner of the subdivision they have a lot of structural crews on scene and though they are reporting some structures burned we do not know at this time if those were outbuildings like sheds or barns or homes. Fire on the ground is not necessarily a bad thing so keep the faith.

Believe me, its houses. Most of the houses(not all) along the canyon in clear creek pines unit 9 have burnt to the ground. Guy Mauro has sent me many pictures in the last 12 hours and Ill wait for him to post them. My cabin in unit 8 was spared, Ive heard no cabins in 8 burned. It is starting to affect Mogollon ranch now. Not sure how they will fare. Heres one house that was Ron Greens family house.post-1600-0-65102000-1525124821_thumb.jpeg

My buddy's house on the west side of 87 so far so good.....hoping for better news for others.

He said it's gonna run all that way north until it runs out of fuel

Sad for the homes and the forest. Some great elk country right there!

Terrible for everyone that lives there. Had houses not burned down these fires are generally a good thing and tend to make good elk country great elk country. But obviously dont ever want to see houses burn down to make that happen.
  • Like 2

Its unfortunate that we cant get back to thinning these forests and burning the understory. Burning timber is such a waste. It seems we just want to burn the forest for management. It doesnt help that we milk a lot of these fires too so these fire fighters can make a living.

• Like 1

Hunt hard, if you drive around 22n you'll notice they have been doing a lot of burning and thinning, hard to get it all, public needs to pitch in a little with common sense..

• Like 2

Its unfortunate that we cant get back to thinning these forests and burning the understory. Burning timber is such a waste. It seems we just want to burn the forest for management. It doesnt help that we milk a lot of these fires too so these fire fighters can make a living.

There has been a lot of thinning going on since 2015 but there are only so many people available to do it.

• Like 2

We were looking at a house up there. Is now on the fire edge. Dang!

Though it has burned through a corner of the subdivision they have a lot of structural crews on scene and though they are reporting some structures burned we do not know at this time if those were outbuildings like sheds or barns or homes. Fire on the ground is not necessarily a bad thing so keep the faith.

Believe me, its houses. Most of the houses(not all) along the canyon in clear creek pines unit 9 have burnt to the ground. Guy Mauro has sent me many pictures in the last 12 hours and Ill wait for him to post them. My cabin in unit 8 was spared, Ive heard no cabins in 8 burned. It is starting to affect Mogollon ranch now. Not sure how they will fare. Heres one house that was Ron Greens family house. D8895C4B-0E91-4199-AD15-DE729A0DC316.jpeg

I thought this fire was in 5A?

• Like 1

The fire is in 5a, but can easily jump the 87 into 5BS, my family’s cabin is within a 100 yards on stargazer dr, and if jumps the 87 it will be all over

The fire is in 5a, but can easily jump the 87 into 5BS, my family’s cabin is within a 100 yards on stargazer dr, and if jumps the 87 it will be all over

At the community meeting tonight, it was stated that they don't expect it to jump 87. Hope for the best!

I was in clear creek pines units 8&9 yesterday and today. I finally had to head home about 2pm today. I am not sure how much information I want to put out there at the moment. For one I havent slept and doubt i can type coherently and two I dont know if I want to be the bearer of bad news by posting pictures of someones lost cabin/home.

Ive had several people ask about specific properties since I left and my memory is so shot right now that I dont want to give bad info to someone. I circled the Neighborhood so many times today that it is a bit of a blur.

I can say there have been several homes lost and many homes saved. The hot shots busted their butts around the clock through out the night and day. When I arrived i was expecting the neighborhood to be a complete loss and that wasnt the case at all.

I spent most the day checking peoples properties that had reached out to me asking for info on specific lots, as well as trying to put out hot spots we came across the best we knew how. (We are not fireman but wanted to help)

By the time I left today I felt good that there wouldnt be much more if any loss of property in our neighborhood. I spoke to a sheriff on the way out today and he said best case scenario they hoped that if they could fight the winds this afternoon and the rains/snow arrived tomorrow they could potentially allow people back in tomorrow. (BEST CASE SCENARIO)

Looking into clear creek canyon from lumbermill road.

post-4673-0-56967000-1525145838_thumb.jpeg

post-4673-0-60960400-1525145877_thumb.jpeg

post-4673-0-27692100-1525146023_thumb.jpeg

post-4673-0-28731100-1525146063_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3

I was in clear creek pines units 8&9 yesterday and today. I finally had to head home about 2pm today. I am not sure how much information I want to put out there at the moment. For one I havent slept and doubt i can type coherently and two I dont know if I want to be the bearer of bad news by posting pictures of someones lost cabin/home.

Ive had several people ask about specific properties since I left and my memory is so shot right now that I dont want to give bad info to someone. I circled the Neighborhood so many times today that it is a bit of a blur.

Sorry I get it now, Clear Creek Pines Developments 8 & 9. Not hunting units 8 & 9. I was thinking that this fire was a long long ways from GMU 8 & 9.

Definitely a bummer. We looked at cabins in starlight pones a couple years ago. I am sure that everyone is very worried. Prayers for safety.

There has been a lot of thinning going on since 2015 but there are only so many people available to do it.

Only so many people available to do it? Theres not all this forest to log and no ones wanting to do it. Theres hardly any work because the FS isnt letting them fully thin it, only small contracts. Im talking pre 90s logging industry where these sawmills were full.
  • Like 2