firstcoueswas80

RV Fuel Tank Question

Wife and I have a Weekend Warrior Toy Hauler.

She has been out at the fair this past week, and had to run the generator almost non-stop due to having an animal(s) in the trailer all the times, using the A/C.

Got me thinking....

Is it possible to conjoin the tank for the generator with the tank for the fuel station? That would give us about 40-45 gallons to run the generator off of, without having to pump fuel from the onboard fuel station into a gas can, and then have to dump said gas can in to the tank for the generator.

Will this work with just gravity feed, or will a pump need to be installed to get the fuel from one tank to the other?

I have an attitude toyhauler and it is connected to the fuel station. The generator has a small electric fuel pump Mounted just off the side of the generator. Do not believe gravity fed would work do to the generator being slightly higher. Fuel line runs down frame to fuel tank. I as well thaioght all toyhauers were set up this way.

I am not sure whether or not it is connected. It is an older model, 2006 if that makes a difference. Guess I will crawl under there and see as I was not aware it was a possibility.

Another RV question...

Propane tanks.

Selector has 3 positions, left (left tank), right (right tank) and center. Is the center position OFF or does it draw from either tank? My bet would be that it is off, but my hope is it draws from either tank.

A connecting line between the two should work at the bottom of the tank. That is how my water tank is set up. There are two tanks connected at the bottom.

If your tank is going empty I would say they arent connected.

I've never tried it. I always refill it before it gets empty.

• Like 1

If it were me I would convert my generator to run off LP gas and not use gasoline. The LP tank set in the middle runs off both tanks at the same time. Really sucks when you run out because then you have no reserve. If you run off the left tank when it runs out you change to the right and refill the left tank or vice a versa.

I've got a 2012 Weekend Warrior BP RV in which I've stayed out in the field for months at a time...my fuel station is definitely connected to my generator... Also the center position on my propane valve automatically uses whichever tank has fuel...if I want to run only the left tank I move the valve to the left which allows me to safely remove the right tank for refilling or vice versa........

Another RV question...

Propane tanks.

Selector has 3 positions, left (left tank), right (right tank) and center. Is the center position OFF or does it draw from either tank? My bet would be that it is off, but my hope is it draws from either tank.

If you ever have to put another regulator on purchase an auto change type they automatically switch tanks when 1 runs empty. This allows no interruption in your propane system and you can close the empty tank and remove and refill it.

Another RV question...

Propane tanks.

Center usually draws from both. I run mine on one side only then switch...that way I know I have one full and one partial going to empty. Otherwise never know how empty 2 partials are...