Sign in to follow this  
DirtyHarry

Remington 722 .222 Rem Magnum

Vintage Remington 722 with aftermarket trigger that is amazing. Schnabel style fore end, Redfield scope base. You could likely swap a .223 or .204 etc barrel on to it from a rem 700. Medium heavy barrel on it now. $380 in Tucson

post-15271-0-51972000-1525206910_thumb.jpg

post-15271-0-78854500-1525206921_thumb.jpg

post-15271-0-48672900-1525206930_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

For any coyote hunters who want to save the pelts, this would be an awsome gun. Huge difference between 222 and 223 as far as fur damage goes. Drops coyotes in their tracks and rarely has an exit hole.

Has the barrel been shortened and recrowned or has the the front sight just been removed? Barrel length?

For any coyote hunters who want to save the pelts, this would be an awsome gun. Huge difference between 222 and 223 as far as fur damage goes. Drops coyotes in their tracks and rarely has an exit hole.

A 222 rem mag is ballisticly almost identical to a .223. If Im not mistaken it may be even a little faster. It was Remingtons answer to the popularity of the .223. It didnt catch on. Sweet gun and awesome caliber though !

A 222 rem mag is ballisticly almost identical to a .223. If Im not mistaken it may be even a little faster. It was Remingtons answer to the popularity of the .223. It didnt catch on. Sweet gun and awesome caliber though !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.222_Remington_Magnum

I have a 722 in 257 Roberts. It seems like it's the most deadly rifle we have. I inherited it from my dad. I learned centerfire shooting from it and it never let me down. I got my first coyote and shot birds with it out to 280 yards. It's not a long range banger but it's a great gun. Good luck with the sale, it's a very fair price and I would buy it if I didn't just purchase a 22 K Hornet.

Is that furniture factory original or has it been modified. Most of the 722s Ive seen were kind of plain Jane looking. This one looks pretty cool, maybe a deluxe version or something?

Is that furniture factory original or has it been modified. Most of the 722s Ive seen were kind of plain Jane looking. This one looks pretty cool, maybe a deluxe version or something?

That may be the BDL which had Deluxe wood opposed to the Standard Grade "A".

My mistake. Didn't read the magnum part.

Was thinking of the 222 remington which I think also came in the 722.

• Like 1

My mistake. Didn't read the magnum part.

Was thinking of the 222 remington which I think also came in the 722.

Yes it did. The 722 was the short action calibers and the 721 was the long action calibers.

Yes I have the 722 in .222 Remington. That is a fair price and I would buy it except for the fact I already have the regular .222, reloading dies, and about 1000 rounds of ammo. The model 722 and 721 were actions like stated and the predecessor of the Model 700.