40-year-AZ-hunter

Conserve and Protect (Tags) Presentation at G&F Mtg

No expo. Raffle tags. Thank you CAPAZ for stepping up and helping to save the privilege that I so love.

You spelled justify the erosion and perversion of our conservation model to appease a bunch of hunting elitists wrong.

I would take you more seriously if you ever contributed anything other than vague posting and propping up Pete. Please show me where you have produced one idea. Until then please stop criticizing others for not contributing.

• Like 1

No expo. Raffle tags. Thank you CAPAZ for stepping up and helping to save the privilege that I so love.

You spelled justify the erosion and perversion of our conservation model to appease a bunch of hunting elitists wrong.

I would take you more seriously if you ever contributed anything other than vague posting and propping up Pete. Please show me where you have produced one idea. Until then please stop criticizing others for not contributing.

I don't know Pete at all and I have made my opinion know them. It looks like my ideas and wishes are mainly being supported. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean I don't convey my ideas. I also actually contribute to the conservation organizations. How is the progress coming on your ideas about the draw odds calculator for the azgfd website?

CAPAZ doesn't get any tags. They suggested it, just as you guys will suggest a license fee, and I suggested a lottery.

The committee will ultimately decide, not the Department, the Commission, CAPAZ, or us.

By now, the Commission has received so many emails from people against every form of funding, it's hard to say if they will act on the plan that even they want, and just leave us all to fend for ourselves. I tend to think that the Commission should be doing more for us as hunters, but at this point I'm not sure. I wish looking out for hunters was more of a priority than trail cameras, but what can I do.

It doesn't matter that the tags do not go to CAPAZ. What matters is that the CAPAZ proposal intends to distribute tags in a manner where the wealthy have an advantage in obtaining them.

The wealthy hire guides. Pete Cimellaro owns Yellowhorn Outfitters. How much will he profit from the CAPAZ proposal?

Do you really think that profiting from being a guide is the objective? I have seen so few guides/outfitters where I would like to live their lifestyle. Most of the guides I know make little to no money. If most of them didn't have a day job they would be living off of food stamps.

WOW!!!!!!!! It has been interesting to read 9 pages of name calling from all sides.

Here is my one question. How do AZ hunters stop PETA, HSUS, other anti hunting groups in the future? All of the name calling doesn't really tell me how we stop the anti groups from taking hunting from us. Please let me know how that happens. I will support that effort.

FYI - Don't know this Pete guy but I would like a hear a solution to my question.

Thanks

• Like 1

G&F really can't do squat to stop the assault. They are legally bound to stay out of politics. I think the new group figures a bunch of money to advertise to non hunters will do the trick. If that is the case then a heritage stamp would solve those needs forever. I really don't buy that money will persuade the 95% of people who do not hunt to take our side but I would pay an extra $5 a year to find out. If that was really what this was all about the new group should be in favor of the heritage stamp but they just want to get a bunch of tags for their clients IMO.

• Like 3

If that was really what this was all about the new group should be in favor of the heritage stamp but they just want to get a bunch of tags for their clients IMO.

How so? It appears as though they are going to propose a cap on the number of raffle tags you could purchase so no one could have a greater chance than you.

You just don't get the point. Giving tags will lead to more tags and abuse. If we approve a heritage stamp it is clean and no one is making money for their businesses off the deal. Why not support that? Might it be because outfitters want tags for their clients? I don't want to buy raffle or auction tags as it will lead to the Utah model which is corrupt.

• Like 2

If that was really what this was all about the new group should be in favor of the heritage stamp but they just want to get a bunch of tags for their clients IMO.

How so? It appears as though they are going to propose a cap on the number of raffle tags you could purchase so no one could have a greater chance than you.

SOOOOOOOO WEAK!!!! OH, there is a cap on it, right? Of course that could never be changed in the future huh? Yea, pull the other leg, it plays jingle bells.

• Like 1

If they offered 1 raffle javelina tag for “education” it is a win for CAPAZ. All the raffle tags are is a way for Sneaky Pete to get his foot in the door for a tag grab. His end game is auction tags. They’ll settle on raffle tags for a couple of years, then he’ll come back and say it isn’t raising enough money. The next step will be auction tags and a big expo. Pete has a bunch of rich buddies and he will not stop until they get their auction tags.

• Like 2

If they offered 1 raffle javelina tag for education it is a win for CAPAZ. All the raffle tags are is a way for Sneaky Pete to get his foot in the door for a tag grab. His end game is auction tags. Theyll settle on raffle tags for a couple of years, then heck come back and say it isnt raising enough money. The next step will be auction tags and a big expo. Pete has a bunch of rich buddies and he will not stop until they get their auction tags.

I dont like the language he uses at the end when he says this program has the potential to turn into another Utah outdoorsman expo in the future.

Which makes the comment from grey ghost sound very realistic. Once this program gets in the door, what could it morph into. And it sounds like all they need to happen on Friday is the commission to show enough interest to form a committee sort of like the ethics committee. I may be hearing it wrong but thats what Im understanding.

• Like 2

So is your problem actually with the AZGFD as they will be the ones to implement whatever solution they see fit for their perceived problem? Or are you just blinded by your rage for Pete and the evil rich?

Pete is nothing more than a politician. He is a SFW board member and tried to pass this BS last time around. He has ties to Don Peay and all the other SFW guys that try to make hunting a sport for the rich. He calls anyone that disagrees with him “fools” and is unwilling to listen to any other way to raise money other than tags. Shall i continue on reasons i do not trust him or CAPAZ?

• Like 1

I understand your thoughts on Pete. He can't do anything with tags. That responsibility lies with the game and fish and Legislature.