Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Wild Horses???

These feral horse lovers should just pony up the money for a drinker or two. Instead they want the tax payers to pay. Ranchers should not have to feed and water feral horses.

• Like 6

How many would pay for a tag to shoot a feral horse for the meat?

I'd pay extra for a tag to shoot a feral horse and leave it there.
How are you able to tell the difference between a "feral" horse and one that has been turned out on a range lease?

I just want to know why the bleeding heart hypocrites are perfectly fine with this invasive species tearing up natural habitat and displacing natural wildife when they would be all up in arms if was cows (or people) doing the same thing.

If any ONE of them can INTELLIGENTLY explain it to me I will openly support their right to this continue this stupidity.

• Like 1

How are you able to tell the difference between a "feral" horse and one that has been turned out on a range lease?
Because none of the ranchers release their horses out here in 3c in fear that they will say they're now "wild" and then cant get them back. And I know everyone that ranches around here doesnt release their horses out there. Just cattle.

Because none of the ranchers release their horses out here in 3c in fear that they will say they're now "wild" and then cant get them back. And I know everyone that ranches around here doesnt release their horses out there. Just cattle.
Oh you can turn your horses loose on leases and get them back. And even the best cowboys have had their horses leave them.

So how does someone who does not posses all the intimate knowledge of all the ranchers and their stock tell if a horse is feral? You didn't really answer this simple question. Because the answer is, you cannot tell the difference. It would take a huge chunk of time to identify the members of a wild horse band. So I don't think there will be any otc permits any time soon.

And yeah, there are wild cattle too eating grass, drinking etc.

But if you have permission of a lease holder to go after them, better make sure they're of age and not branded.

Both are generally rounded up for ID.

Not defending wild horses but let's not lose our minds. The Govt needs to act.