Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Wild Horses???

This is a Arizona feral hog. Why is it that game and fish is trusted with telling us how we can manage these KILL THEM ALL but they're not trusted with the horse issue and the donkey issue?

post-2359-0-73233600-1527048525_thumb.jpeg

I'm not saying it would solve the problem. I just think if people want them let them have them!

I'm not saying it would solve the problem. I just think if people want them let them have them!

Oh i hear ya but problem is they just keep multiplying. The donkeys are so dang out of hand i actually avoid certain units now. The country as a whole is just confused. We help pay for women's abortions, we allow feral donkeys and horses to destroy native animals habitat, and need I remind you how much illegal immigrants cost us oh and they also have people feeding and watering them in the desert. We're going to have to wait till some libtard gets killed driving down the road and they run into a horse before anybody decide something needs to be done. None of them cared about all the bison and a Grand Canyon Park until one suddenly one day they're like oh they're killing our Park let's destroy them all.

If this is true what I believe it was Bone Collector 777 said if they truly got a permit to haul water into these horses but forestry guys are not even allowed to go in that proves the level of insanity.

what gets me is there are people I know that have captured some and have turned them into great riding horses but it is illegal. why not let people who want them have them.Makes no sense to me!

A buddy of mine and some of his friends did that in selha Washington back in the late 70's when the local res wanted to get rid of some wild mustangs a ton of them. basically you catch them you can keep them. I believe they got 3. the Indians just laughed at them and said good luck.

2 of them were shot and sold for dog meat with in a year cause they were the meanest nastiest animals in the world. the other one his friend still had when I moved in late 81. the thing broke out its fencing like every 2 weeks or so cost a ton of money in vet bills to other horses. and chewed the crap out of his arm requiring major stitches and surgery. he still kept it cause his girlfriend then wife liked it.made a good guard dog though, no one road horse along the road of his property one one walked along the fence line along his property either. even the mail man refused to go deliver the mail until he built pen on the back side of the of the property.

• Like 1

what gets me is there are people I know that have captured some and have turned them into great riding horses but it is illegal. why not let people who want them have them.Makes no sense to me!

A buddy of mine and some of his friends did that in selha Washington back in the late 70's when the local res wanted to get rid of some wild mustangs a ton of them. basically you catch them you can keep them. I believe they got 3. the Indians just laughed at them and said good luck.

2 of them were shot and sold for dog meat with in a year cause they were the meanest nastiest animals in the world. the other one his friend still had when I moved in late 81. the thing broke out its fencing like every 2 weeks or so cost a ton of money in vet bills to other horses. and chewed the crap out of his arm requiring major stitches and surgery. he still kept it cause his girlfriend then wife liked it.made a good guard dog though, no one road horse along the road of his property one one walked along the fence line along his property either. even the mail man refused to go deliver the mail until he built pen on the back side of the of the property.

I've wondered the same thing. Wild mustangs would be a much different situation right?

This is basically what the BLM program is. They round up horses off BLM land, put them in holding pens and then have auctions. Problem is there is far less demand then there are horses. So taxpayers get stuck with the bill for holding these animals and feeding them in perpetuity.

The Heber horses arent subject to round up because it is a federally designated wild horse preserve.

The horses on the Salt are not on a preserve but are not rounded up because of the PR nightmare the horsey lovers started.

When I was a kid they rounded up feral donkeys and had an adoption, Now tell me how that helped anyting LOL clearly our problem is bigger and badder than ever put donkeys and horses.

They still do. 100 yards north of my house, a catch pen is put up about every 18 months.

AZGFD may trust you to shoot feral hogs, but the Feds don't. Remember the gov squandering millions $ to shoot them at Havasu? Besides. Feral hogs change in appearance after a few generations, tusks razorbacks... There is no visual changes in feral horses. Besides, equines fall under federal protection.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_and_Free-Roaming_Horses_and_Burros_Act_of_1971

Chicks LOVE horses

There's some strong evidence that chicks that are really into horses are bat shoot crazy. There's been studies.

Yeah watch out for chicks who like horses

Chicks LOVE horses

There's some strong evidence that chicks that are really into horses are bat shoot crazy. There's been studies.

Yeah watch out for chicks who like horses

Like is probably ok but LOVE is guaranteed psycho

• Like 1

Send them to the zoo. Maybe the lion exhibit? Plenty of water in that one.

I actually have taken horses to Out of Africa

I consider it recycling. Horses have to be terminal with vet letter and no drugs last 30 days. The staff there actually made it a pretty easy process.

Offered to give the Phoenix Zoo one but they wanted it butchered and wrapped. Uhmmm, no.

• Like 1

Send them to the zoo. Maybe the lion exhibit? Plenty of water in that one.

I actually have taken horses to Out of Africa

I consider it recycling. Horses have to be terminal with vet letter and no drugs last 30 days. The staff there actually made it a pretty easy process.

Offered to give the Phoenix Zoo one but they wanted it butchered and wrapped. Uhmmm, no.

Not a bad alternative idea for the feral horses though.....lion meat at the Phx Zoo........win win???