Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

Stage 3 fire restrictions

Navajo and apache county in stage 3 but usda web site says no such thing as stage 3 ????

Either way all my plans are on hold.

I've already talked to 3 different coworkers who are planning on going camping this weekend and had no clue about fire restrictions. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

As of right now state and BLM land in Navajo and Apache counties is closed. Partial closures of the apache sitgreaves goes into effect tonight I believe. Supposedly from showlow to the rim past forest lakes everything south of 260 is closed. They are releasing more info tonight.

• Like 1

As of right now state and BLM land in Navajo and Apache counties is closed. Partial closures of the apache sitgreaves goes into effect tonight I believe. Supposedly from showlow to the rim past forest lakes everything south of 260 is closed. They are releasing more info tonight.

I hope they close more than that. Otherwise the idiots will head west and burn down my favorite lake, Bear Canyon.

I'm sure the FS is going back and forth on keeping the Rim lakes open, but they're playing with fire, no pun intended.

I hope they close more than that. Otherwise the idiots will head west and burn down my favorite lake, Bear Canyon.

I'm sure the FS is going back and forth on keeping the Rim lakes open, but they're playing with fire, no pun intended.

Most likely those rim lakes will be closed as well when these other forests shut down. They dont want the whole valley coming up to the only spot open and overloading it.
  • Like 1

its early yet....but if forest closures affect the rim lakes the stocking schedule goes like this. big lake, big lake, big lake, big lake............

yea big lake.

I know with all the Arizona closure talk, everyone is getting confused about what is opened and what isn't. I will tell you this... WE ARE OPEN!!! ... With that being said, if you can't be fire wise then stay home. We are in stage 2 fire restrictions. NO CAMPFIRES NO SPARKS - WE ARE DRY! Keep your eye's open and report all fire activity immediately.

As you all know, I am very excited to see you again this year and meet many new faces. I just want you and our forest to be safe. If camping without a campfire is no fun for you, then think about staying in a cabin or hotel in the near by communities. I would be happy to give you information on those if you ask. Otherwise don't forget to make your reservations and we will see you soon!

32868413_10155413243621003_6640570367955

lee

Im no genius but couldn't the hundreds of radio stations and tv stations do PSA bulletins to inform the public of the fire restrictions??? Including the Spanish speaking channels. Of do they?

• Like 2

Went to woods this morning caught some dandies, new secret.

Funny how pissed guys get on here when they close roads in OUR forest during hunting season, but it is ok to close the entire forest because idiots will set it on fire. Pisses me off that I can not go up north and enjoy the nice weather because idiots ruin it for all of us and most guys are ok with that on here. I know this may sound crazy, but what about just enforcing the laws that are already on the books and keeping our forests open for all to enjoy. More enforcement is the solution, not closing our forest.

• Like 4