Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

Stage 3 fire restrictions

That feel when a lady from the valley started the Chediski Fire and the guys that started the wallow fire are from the Gila VALLEY according to you. A better description would have been a flatlander (anyone from south of the rim in AZ)wont follow the rules because the ones that have fires dont give a F because they can just go home and not worry about it.

if i thought i was gonna die and the only way out was to start a signal fire id make a rager like that lady did. you said the "the valley," thats phoenix. two 500k acre fires started by small town people, just saying is all.

Chediski portion of the rodeo chediski was started by lost valley lady and a channel 5 helicopter if memory serves. The guy that started the Rodeo portion spent 8 years in jail. It was a common practice to start a fire for rodeo/beer money a couple of weeks before an event, before this latest pattern of super dry conditions from the last 18-20 years or so.

Wasn't the wallow fire started by some campers from Vail, suburb of Tucson?

Just burn it all down and let's start over...

white mountains pretty much have. Its been 15 years since the rodeo fire, if 3c cooks again you will be starting over with the starting over.

isn’t it not burning naturally the reason these so much fuel in the first place? It’s hard to understand that the small town folks seem to think only they are responsible enough to use the forest. The rest of us are the tax base that pays the lions share of operations and maintenance cost right?
  • Like 3

Anyone know what ever happened with the lady that started the Chediski fire? If I remember, she wasn't criminally charged, but in a civil court was found liable for just shy of $60,000,000 in damages. Anything happen with that?

I thought it was safford but maybe you're right. Tucson folks can't be trusted with anything, I mean they even voted for Hillary.

two cousins from benson. My wife went to high school with one of them. They left their dogs at camp and went for a hike. apparently they didnt put their fire out and killed the dogs and caused the rest.

isnt it not burning naturally the reason these so much fuel in the first place? Its hard to understand that the small town folks seem to think only they are responsible enough to use the forest. The rest of us are the tax base that pays the lions share of operations and maintenance cost right?
If we start a fire here it burns our house down. It doesnt burn yours down. So naturally those that have more to lose than just the trees are going to be more careful. And were more inclined to want it closed so there isnt a fire no matter who starts it. Also last I checked when the forest closes we all are locked out of it so not like they are letting locals use it and out of towners can't.
  • Like 3

isnt it not burning naturally the reason these so much fuel in the first place? Its hard to understand that the small town folks seem to think only they are responsible enough to use the forest. The rest of us are the tax base that pays the lions share of operations and maintenance cost right?
If we start a fire here it burns our house down. It doesnt burn yours down. So naturally those that have more to lose than just the trees are going to be more careful.
if the forest was managed properly there would be no bills it would pay for it self.
  • Like 1

If we start a fire here it burns our house down. It doesnt burn yours down. So naturally those that have more to lose than just the trees are going to be more careful. And were more inclined to want it closed so there isnt a fire no matter who starts it. Also last I checked when the forest closes we all are locked out of it so not like they are letting locals use it and out of towners can't.

was the fire in 27 recently started by valley people, what about the one that burned down the houses by blue ridge resevoir or where ever that one was recently? i really dont know im just curious

Being from the mountain doesnt automatically qualify you as responsible or conscientious. I mean heck, most poachers live right where they poach its a fact. So spare me the valley people bs. Morons come from everywhere, the valley just has more people therefore more morons.

• Like 4

Starting over means the houses too... burn baby burn

I do not think you would be saying that if you saw the sadness on the peoples faces that lost everything they spent a lifetime working for. Every picture of their kids, every memento from every science project their children did. Every item that reminded them of their parents long since past. That happened to some friends during the rodeo fire, to them it was slightly more than an inconvenience of not being able to camp for a few weeks.

Being from the mountain and going through fire you are a little more conscious of fire closures. That being said there are aholes everywhere. To this day when I here the emergency sound on the radio and tv I stop and listen.

• Like 1