Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

Stage 3 fire restrictions

i remember getting evacuated during the rodeo fire, stayed a few days after. crazy to see a real ghost town. also i like how till at least 2013 there was still dudes with the writing on their windshields that stayed

Just burn it all down and let's start over...

isnt it not burning naturally the reason these so much fuel in the first place? Its hard to understand that the small town folks seem to think only they are responsible enough to use the forest. The rest of us are the tax base that pays the lions share of operations and maintenance cost right?
If we start a fire here it burns our house down. It doesnt burn yours down. So naturally those that have more to lose than just the trees are going to be more careful. And were more inclined to want it closed so there isnt a fire no matter who starts it. Also last I checked when the forest closes we all are locked out of it so not like they are letting locals use it and out of towners can't.

IF you don’t keep your property fire wise do you get the same ticket as the person who started the fire?

• Like 2

Your right living in the mountains doesn't make everyone responsible but there are people that are flat out disrespectful and disgusting, and honestly it seems to be a percapata deal, just my opinion. Burn it down I got insurance.

isnt it not burning naturally the reason these so much fuel in the first place? Its hard to understand that the small town folks seem to think only they are responsible enough to use the forest. The rest of us are the tax base that pays the lions share of operations and maintenance cost right?
If we start a fire here it burns our house down. It doesnt burn yours down. So naturally those that have more to lose than just the trees are going to be more careful. And were more inclined to want it closed so there isnt a fire no matter who starts it. Also last I checked when the forest closes we all are locked out of it so not like they are letting locals use it and out of towners can't.

IF you don’t keep your property fire wise do you get the same ticket as the person who started the fire?

I have 49 pine trees on a quarter acre lot. I had to sign a contract with Navajo county that I will not cut a tree down until 2025, last week I bagged 29- 55 gallon bags of pine needles. I am still no where near 'fire safe'. better yet just follow the rules for a few weeks and not start a fire.

Curious why you would sign something that keeps you from doing what you please with your property?

My wife fell in love with the house. Loophole, that I can get a certified arborist to send a note to the county stating a tree is sick and needs to be cut. My brother is a certified arborist.

Curious why you would sign something that keeps you from doing what you please with your property?

My wife fell in love with the house. Loophole, that I can get a certified arborist to send a note to the county stating a tree is sick and needs to be cut. My brother is a certified arborist.
guess I meant what rule or what conditions were in place to even have that as a possibility when I bought it? I've never heard of something like that.

Anyone know what ever happened with the lady that started the Chediski fire? If I remember, she wasn't criminally charged, but in a civil court was found liable for just shy of $60,000,000 in damages. Anything happen with that?

There probably taking $35 per month out of her Wal-Mart paycheck. She'll have paid it off in only 32,968 short years!

I have 49 pine trees on a quarter acre lot. I had to sign a contract with Navajo county that I will not cut a tree down until 2025, last week I bagged 29- 55 gallon bags of pine needles. I am still no where near 'fire safe'. better yet just follow the rules for a few weeks and not start a fire.

Could you just poison them and say that a bark beetle killed them?

• Like 1

guess I meant what rule or what conditions were in place to even have that as a possibility when I bought it? I've never heard of something like that.

County/cities do weird stuff all the time. Try to build a house in Sedona and you will find out what weird really is.

Could you just poison them and say that a bark beetle killed them?

other than the pine needles, I like the trees. If a fire ever hit show low, again, it would have a long way to go to get to my house. Two churches, a couple of golf courses and about 500 houses.

Exactly