Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

Stage 3 fire restrictions

Funny how some are fine with denying access to our puplic lands with the hope of not burning our public ands but aren't okay with allowing some other opportunities for people to harvest our wildlife with the hope of preserving ur ability to continue to do the same. Hmmm.... That's a head scratcher.

• Like 1

Funny how some are fine with denying access to our puplic lands with the hope of not burning our public ands but aren't okay with allowing some other opportunities for people to harvest our wildlife with the hope of preserving ur ability to continue to do the same. Hmmm.... That's a head scratcher.

post-8945-0-46352100-1526942237.jpg

• Like 8

Just burn it all down and let's start over...

isnt it not burning naturally the reason these so much fuel in the first place? Its hard to understand that the small town folks seem to think only they are responsible enough to use the forest. The rest of us are the tax base that pays the lions share of operations and maintenance cost right?
If we start a fire here it burns our house down. It doesnt burn yours down. So naturally those that have more to lose than just the trees are going to be more careful. And were more inclined to want it closed so there isnt a fire no matter who starts it. Also last I checked when the forest closes we all are locked out of it so not like they are letting locals use it and out of towners can't.

IF you don’t keep your property fire wise do you get the same ticket as the person who started the fire?

I have 49 pine trees on a quarter acre lot. I had to sign a contract with Navajo county that I will not cut a tree down until 2025, last week I bagged 29- 55 gallon bags of pine needles. I am still no where near 'fire safe'. better yet just follow the rules for a few weeks and not start a fire.

In many states it can be illegal to cut down trees on your own property....

One such state is getting tough on people starting forest fires..

http://www.koin.com/news/oregon/judge-issues-restitution-opinion-for-eagle-creek-fire-teen/1190759924

Guess I don't see the connection with cutting your own trees and a kid starting a forest fire with fireworks?

Two different subjects for you...

guess I meant what rule or what conditions were in place to even have that as a possibility when I bought it? I've never heard of something like that.

I don't see it that way. They both belong to all of us.

I don't see it that way. They both belong to all of us.

Common man... You can't be this narrow minded.

So is Unit 1 still open for turkey hunting? Sorry I didnt read all the post

So far it looks that way except for state and county land. National forest still open, but theyre supposed to be updating area closures this week.

So far it looks that way except for state and county land. National forest still open, but theyre supposed to be updating area closures this week.

Thanks

So if the close it and you have a tag (that you waited years and built points for) you cant hunt?

You lose points and tag?

That dont seem right.

Ask God, mother nature, the devil for a refund. Or try a liberal. Maybe a anti will give you money cause you didnt hurt their pets. Waaaaaa

So if the close it and you have a tag (that you waited years and built points for) you cant hunt?

You lose points and tag?

That dont seem right.

Point guard!

• Like 2

Thanks

Not to get all 'technical', but this makes me wonder; If the fire restrictions prohibit discharging a firearm, I'm thinking that could still be a problem. Not sure how closely the Forest Service folks might police that, but just made me wonder.

If so, maybe turkey hunt with a bow for those who want to follow the exact letter of the law? :blink:

S.

Legal hunting is actually exempt from FS stage 2 restrictions. So still good to go. The rumor is the closure will be 3c south of 260, promontory point in 4a and a section from pole knoll down to the baldy trail head area.

• Like 1