Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

Stage 3 fire restrictions

So if the close it and you have a tag (that you waited years and built points for) you cant hunt?

You lose points and tag?

That dont seem right.

You can still hunt, just not on closed national forest.

• Like 2

Stage 2 you're fine to hunt. Closures obviously no because you can't even be in the forest so yeah you lose your chance to hunt along with your bonus points. But I'd say if it's still so dry you cant hunt in September then most likely everything has either died or moved out of the country looking for water. So it will save you from wasting your time.

• Like 3

Bulls are gonna be poverty af this year

Craig Steele had a bunch of pictures of bulls killed in 2012. Pretty impressive for a dry year.

Craig Steele had a bunch of pictures of bulls killed in 2012. Pretty impressive for a dry year.

the same guy that posts rain totals around the state every year for where to put in for elk....

• Like 1

the same guy that posts rain totals around the state for where to put in....

At this rate it will not be hard to post rain totals this year. 0000%

• Like 1

the same guy that posts rain totals around the state every year for where to put in for elk....

Correct, but those were some big bulls in a dry year. Im definitely not saying rain doesnt help.

Correct, but those were some big bulls in a dry year. Im definitely not saying rain doesnt help.

its just kinda funny to me, like ive always said when the rain is good the guides try to make tag holders feel like they better not squander their tag and hire someone. now its dry and its the same thing.

• Like 3

its just kinda funny to me, like ive always said when the rain is good the guides try to make tag holders feel like they better not squander their tag and hire someone. now its dry and its the same thing.

I personally think it takes more than one dry year to see a major impact. I dont kill big sh!t to begin with so my feelings arent hurt as bad as others.

I personally think it takes more than one dry year to see a major impact. I dont kill big sh!t to begin with so my feelings arent hurt as bad as others.
According to john caid the worst drought years produced 0 b and c trophies off the wmat. Record book bulls were killed those years including a 400+ in 3c that came off the Rez but still, 0 off the wmat
  • Like 1

So if the close it and you have a tag (that you waited years and built points for) you cant hunt?

You lose points and tag?

That dont seem right.

I think given that situation game and fish should give your points back or something. Good topic to bring up at a meeting.

I called and asked the forest service in Springerville and they said as long as you have a hunting license your fine. You can hunt

I called and asked the forest service in Springerville and they said as long as you have a hunting license your fine. You can hunt

that's for stage 2. If its closed definitely cant just go hunt.
  • Like 1

So true