Sign in to follow this  
azruger

1st year recurve

Gonna give it a go with the recurve this year. Been practicing relentlessly.. should be fun and interesting.. gonna be a learner year that's for sure.

• Like 4

What weight draw are you shooting? I hunted one year with a recurve and decided spot and stalk with a round ball BP muzzleloader was more fun.

This will be my first year with the recurve and I will be hunting spot and stalk deer this aug

Guest oneshot

Daym SWEET!!! Gleaming to see others finding out about trad gear hunting, when you can kill a deer with a bendy stick, string and pointy stick, the rewards are even greater...

Good Luck all...

Daym SWEET!!! Gleaming to see others finding out about trad gear hunting, when you can kill a deer with a bendy stick, string and pointy stick, the rewards are even greater...

Good Luck all...

What spine carbons do you suggest? I'm having a heck of time finding aluminum anymore.

What spine carbons do you suggest? I'm having a heck of time finding aluminum anymore.

There are a lot of factors at play: draw length, poundage, arrow length, how much tip weight you want.... You can play around with the 3rivers arrow calculator to get an idea what might work, but you really need to have some components at your disposal to mess with paper tuning to get it perfect.

Good Luck all...

https://www.cabelas.com/product/EASTON-LEGACY-FEATHER-ARROWS-PACK/2225395.uts?productVariantId=4570776&WT.tsrc=PPC&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=04428511&rid=20&ds_rl=1252079&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIoMTy4eCt2wIVWJ7ACh0i1gubEAQYAiABEgK2pPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Please dont shoot carbons out of a recurve at game. Buy these. You wont get velocity with a recurve so you need to rely on weight.

Please dont shoot carbons out of a recurve at game. Buy these. You wont get velocity with a recurve so you need to rely on weight.

what are you talking about?!

Good Luck all...

https://www.cabelas.com/product/EASTON-LEGACY-FEATHER-ARROWS-PACK/2225395.uts?productVariantId=4570776&WT.tsrc=PPC&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=04428511&rid=20&ds_rl=1252079&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIoMTy4eCt2wIVWJ7ACh0i1gubEAQYAiABEgK2pPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Carbons are awesome out of a traditional bow. Durability is off the charts. It's easy to get a carbon arrow over 500 grains with steel broadhead adapters, weight tubes and a chunky traditional head. FOC is excellent too. My favorite arrow is a Victory 500 tipped with a Zwickey eskimo on a steel BH adapter (about 200 grains). Use it to hunt jackrabbits in the malapai. Holds up very well.

Guest oneshot

Good Luck all...

I'm shooting carbon Gold-Tip Hunter Expedition 5575, 5inch feather fleching, 100gr Muzzy w/20gr inserts 30inch arrow, 18% FOC... (60inch Black Widow one piece recurve,49lbs at 30inches, off the shelf, bare fingers, no sights/stabs/quiver attached to bow)

There are charts by arrow manufactures that start you off with suggested arrows.

Black Widow Bow's has a minimum arrow weight 8-10grs per inch, I'm sure other Bows(including wheelies) have a min weight as well...

Getting your arrows at proper weight/length, brace height and nocking point are all that is really needed to tune a stick bow...