Sign in to follow this  
tjhunt2

Max Sheep Point Holders

First of all I would like to apologize if I'm repeating something that has already been posted. If it has, I haven't seen it. I was wondering what units the max point holders put in for last year.. I just think my odds would improve if I stayed away from those units. I know 22 / 24b are out of the question but if I knew what other units some applied for would help me decide where I might apply. I'm in the middle of getting my portal straightened out so I can see how many points I have for sheep but I think I'm 2 under the max whatever that is. Thanks for any information. :)

TJ

• Like 1

Its pretty simple research by looking at the bonus point reports. It won't give you where every max holder applied but it will give you where they took the tags from. Lots of units where max point holders don't take a tag

• Like 2

Cant help there. Odds for sheep are tough enough, cant post it on the internet. Jay Scott's doing his best to tell everyone about it though so go and apply for those units he told everyone else to apply for.

• Like 5

didnt 24b go to someone without max points a couple years ago?

I think the wilderness hunt did. So the next year I applied for it like an idiot and then it went back to max point holders.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/azgfd-portal-wordpress/azgfd.wp/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/21105307/Fall-Draw-Bonus-Point-Report-Bonus-Pass-by-Hunt-Number.pdf

Some units like 22S, 6A had all tags taken in the 20% Bonus Pass, so it would be futile to apply for them if you do not have max points.

Appreciate the info Doug but I can't make any sense of it whats so ever. :huh:

TJ

After listening to Jay Scott's 434 podcast with Brian Rimsza on Az Big Horn Sheep unit breakdown of the Desert and Rocky Mtn units in Az I feel much more comfortable with my choice of unit. If y"all get a chance listen to Jay's podcast 434. :)

TJ

trphyhntr, no disrespect but I have to disagree with you. I know the odds are not stacked in any of our favors when it comes to sheep tags but it definitely helps our odds a little by knowing to stay away from certain units that only get drawn with max points. I don't expect to draw with 28points but at least I feel a little better knowing what they had to say. If you get a chance listen to the podcast trphyhntr. :)

TJ

• Like 1

trphyhntr, no disrespect but I have to disagree with you. I know the odds are not stacked in any of our favors when it comes to sheep tags but it definitely helps our odds a little by knowing to stay away from certain units that only get drawn with max points. I don't expect to draw with 28points but at least I feel a little better knowing what they had to say. If you get a chance listen to the podcast trphyhntr. :)

TJ

i cant believe that in 2018 theres still people putting in for 22 with minimal points.