Sign in to follow this  
tjhunt2

Max Sheep Point Holders

the bonus point system is complex. I would suggest you all not put in for the next two years to study it completely. besides with the drought all the horns are going have very little growth.

• Like 1

Every year is a new year with a new roll of the dice. If you put out there what you decided on (wink wink) then your odds will go up maybe. Listening to podcast will not help you because everybody will do that. Analyzing what you hear from others may help but there is always a big but. How is your luck? Good luck TJ

• Like 1

You cant draw if you dont apply. If you do draw, then its like winning the lottery. I was so excited when I saw the hit , I couldnt even dial my phone to call my hunting buddy at first, and then he said I was speaking gibberish and told me to call back when I calmed down. But, such excitement in life isnt everyone's thing.......

If i could do mine over again i would have no more than 4 friends join me and NO STRANGERS. Wanna have the fun sucked right out of your hunt have a stranger telling you what you should and shouldnt shoot to the extreme of somewhat of a arguement.

Joined a friend for his hunt few years back and just few of us on glass and he shot a stud and imho was way better fun than dealing with people telling me what to do. Btw when i killed my sheep the couple guys that did matter were right beside me along with a rockhunter in a denim vest that found the sheep for me L.O.L. out of all of us and thousands and thousands of dollars in glass and a old cowboy none of us knew driving a dirt road found my Ram. :)

• Like 5

My hunting partner asked me what my goal was when I drew in 08. I knew he meant score, but I replied," To have a good time". It gets easy to put so much pressure on yourself with these once in a lifetime tags, that the joy of hunting seems to get swept to the back. You have pretty much a month to hunt, and its a beautiful time to be on the desert or mountains. Enjoy it! Good luck to all that drew this year!

• Like 2