Sign in to follow this  
Green Bullet

Kendrick Peak

Has anyone hunted up on the top? I drew an early archery bull tag and was looking for someone to share past experiences if theyve hunted elk up there during sept. There are 3 trails up to the top...wondering is one is better than the other. PM is fine.

Thanks

Miles

I need to do some scouting myself- I've never been to 7W but the kid has a Youth Elk there in Oct.

I'm hoping it's even open with all the forest closures.

I need to do some scouting myself- I've never been to 7W but the kid has a Youth Elk there in Oct.

I'm hoping it's even open with all the forest closures.

Itll be open well before then. Good luck

The last fire cleaned up a lot of the debris from the 2000/ 2001

Punkin fire and put some good feed on the ground. Water is scarce now and all animals are starting to migrate towards water sources, this could (will) change when the monsoons come I'm a firm believer in water is life and IMOP that is where I would concentrate.

This could be a good weekend to hike it and see what the recent fires have done, where any green-ups are, remaining timber stands for bedding, etc

If you shoot one up top...you have to get it to the bottom. That is a big hill.

Will have plenty of time for fires and cooking fresh steaks on trip down.

I recently did an overnight trip to the top of Kendrick Peak to dial in some of my gear. It is a pretty good trek and would be a chore to bring an elk down the hill. The area up top isn't exactly a big area and there is a TON of blow down. Looks like someone dropped a box of giant toothpicks over the whole place.

But I did bring my glassing set up and glassed one of the drainages from the top for maybe an hour and half, and saw a bunch of elk in that short time span.

Best of Luck!

• Like 1