Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Sometimes it ain't about the money!

So Ty Solomon has been frantically working on this project for a month.....I let him build it because he had completed everything worth points and I always let kids......play.....as long as it is not too big of a project........

I have extra materials that I will let them use and they have to show me a drawing or sketch of what they have in mind. These are jr. high students rememeber.

When this kid left my room a couple of days ago, it had been sanded and stained and that was it. I was actually pretty proud of him because honestly, I didn't help him with one single thing, he just worked and asked simple questions for approach and how to but it was all him!!!!

He walks through the door today and hands it to me and said here this is for you!!!!
post-2034-0-04310700-1527092683_thumb.jpg
post-2034-0-03020100-1527091685_thumb.jpg
post-2034-0-96461100-1527091697_thumb.jpg
What the heal!!!!!!
That right there is enough to make a grown man cry!!!!

• Like 20

Wow, great work! enjoy it

Dang NTS that says a lot about you in the process but what a great piece and kid. Awesome share here.

Very cool!!! Kids need teachers like you...

Man that's some good stuff right there. Wow.

We gave our kids (11 and 13) a summer project to come up with an idea and build or make it with little help from me or my wife...will see what they come up with. So far it looks like we may get a doggie shade structure out of it.

• Like 1

That is downright awesome, what a great project and incredible tribute. So very cool!

Probably about the most meaningful award you could be presented with. That’s a good day.

• Like 1