Sign in to follow this  
rossislider

Not Closing the Rim?!?!

Be still my heart....^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. I thought I was alone defending my wife and kids here. Thank you.

I have the same scenario, I don't need to defend them because they are Americans.

• Like 1

Another big problem is that there are a ton of hispanics who love to go camping and on a weekend like this they are everywhere. Lots of them dont speak english and I highly doubt the spanish radio stations or Telemundo talk about this at all. So lots of them probably have no idea.

Racist. .

Blow me...Wife is mexican and so are kids..
Haha guess you dont speak sarcasm. I'll try not to joke with you guys that have anyone Hispanic in the family.

Thanks Flatlander, you are correct. I am wrong. They won't enforce the no burn law. It is impossible.... Just like all other laws. We need a 1 for 1 ratio of police to citizens. Maybe we should close hunting seasons since there is clearly not enough wardens to enforce our game laws.

Someone breaking a game law doesnt cost the citizens of this state a hundreds of thousands of national forest.

At least they left our lakes open to enjoy over the weekend. I figured big brother would close everything. I hope they issue 0 warnings this weekend in the open areas and give tickets like they are supposed to. Enforcement is the answer, not closing the forests entirely.

If they leave it open some idiot will start a fire, you can bet on that. How did the tinder fire start? They havent enforced anything yet. Why would they start now?

Where will they live if their habitat burns to the ground? There will be one fire to end all, it will burn homes, forests, and all other lands for miles and miles. Most all animals will be killed and it will kill some humans. That fire will happen in our lifetimes. Should we go about it business as usuall or try and prolong it as long as possible?

I mean, with this logic of closing something because it is inevitable that an idiot will ruin it for us all, we might as well get rid of Alcohol too, because clearly some people ruin other people's lives because they can not follow the rules in place. It is impossible to enforce DUI 100%, however we still allow drinking. This is a very slippery slope in my eyes of letting the feds decide when we can use our forests. I do not subscribe to the " they know what is best for us" mentality.

• Like 1

I mean, with this logic of closing something because it is inevitable that an idiot will ruin it for us all, we might as well get rid of Alcohol too, because clearly some people ruin other people's lives because they can not follow the rules in place. It is impossible to enforce DUI 100%, however we still allow drinking. This is a very slippery slope in my eyes of letting the feds decide when we can use our forests. I do not subscribe to the " they know what is best for us" mentality.

I agree except for the fact that a major fire can destroy WAY!!! More than a dui, large soft drinks, a poacher, 30 packs of beer, or Rosie o Donalds spoon.
  • Like 1

I see it as minimizing the risk. Less people, less chance something could happen accidentally. Such as a car parking on grass and the hot cat catching fire like at Arcosanti. Maybe an engine bay fire, remote possibility but still could happen. Fire doesn't have to start intentionally or even through neglect. People are crying about not being able to recreate is ironic considering most only go once a year.

Shut the whole dang forest down. Can’t fix stupid and guess what, people are stupid. The honest folks in the open areas won’t start fires or other activities that start fires but the ones that are could careless will, all demographics, you can count on it. Tinder was an illegal fire that some ahole started and then went home with out putting out. RESULT=multiple home owners cabins destroyed. Had that fire not been contained and dropped into Leonard Canyon,guess what would have occurred? Good bye Rim,good bye everything else. As for people getting charged for the damage, totally agree, but never happens, maybe a ban in National Forest for 10 years or so, but nothing that sticks because the people that do it couldn’t afford to write in a coloring book let alone pay the fines imposed. Maybe folks that are caught with illegal fires or leaving them and going home if caught should have all of their vehicles,home, if they have one and everything else taken and leave them on the street. I am sick of the traffic on some sites saying people are confused about fire restrictions or closures (not on this site sort far). People need to learn how to read and how to look at maps which are clearly posted now on all of the areas, County, state and federal of those restrictions. I am not the best educated guy in the state however I do know this, as of right now, THERE ARE NO FIRES ALLOWED ANYWHERE IN ARIZONA. What part of that does anyone not understand. Thank the lord my CW.com brothers and sisters get this because the idiots don’t. You all have a safe Memorial Day weekend and report any aholes who have fires going. Hopefully everyone with tags or possible tags for upcoming hunts will have a forest to hunt in.

• Like 1

Just for fun you should Google the word prohibition.