https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Crux-suppressors/20-487765/

Seems the AR15 guys avoid Crux

Thunder Beast Ultra 5 will get my money if/when I buy another. Short and light is best for hunting, adding 5"-6" to the barrel becomes a PITA.

I have a Gemtech Sandstorm now but I just don't shoot it enough mostly because I have not focused on one gun and one go to load just for the supressor.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Crux-suppressors/20-487765/

Seems the AR15 guys avoid Crux

Thunder Beast Ultra 5 will get my money if/when I buy another. Short and light is best for hunting, adding 5"-6" to the barrel becomes a PITA.

I have a Gemtech Sandstorm now but I just don't shoot it enough mostly because I have not focused on one gun and one go to load just for the supressor.

Have you been around an ultra 5?

I have not just the reviews and videos. Of course it is not going to be as quiet as the longer tubes but I would be okay with that for a 6.5 lighter weight rifle. I just assumed it was going to be used for hunting.

What caliber are you shooting?

7ss 6.5ss and a creedmoor. I really want an ultra 5 but for some reason with all the money and time it takes I feel a 7 would be better?

The 7 is probably more versatile and quieter, You still have the crack from being super sonic on any of those calibers.

Check with Mr Silencer and see if he has any demo day coming up. Great guy to deal with, he is in the E Valley and has demos a few times a year.

• Like 1

I was about to pull the trigger and buy an Archangel on a group buy years ago. Bruce talked me off the ledge and I went with a Silencerco. What won me over was the reviews about their customer service. I dont mind the extra length. and the supersonic crack is about the same on any suppressor. It is difficult to hear a difference of a decibel or 2. I just worry about it being hearing safe. I have 3 suppressors from HTG, a company that closed its doors, I haven't had a problem with them yet, but Im screwed if they go boom. T

• Like 1

Cactus I think Im going to stick with TBAC. There are so many reviews and guys love the product and CS. The devil now is 5 or 7?

Sounds like they are super addictive so maybe a 5 and a 9? Or two 7s?

As expensive and as long as the wait time is it would suck to buy one and not love it.

Do you wear ear pro when you are just practicing?

I wear my Walker Game Ears, or some Surefire plugs with baffles in them. My hearing is already extremely damaged. I've invested in suppressors to save what I have left and to keep my kids from going down the spiral.

2 customer service stories.

I have a friend that took some friends of his daughter's out shooting. They were shooting his AAC Tyrant 45 on a Sig 220. One of the fellas loaded a mag with 40S&W. It loaded and fired. The guts of the can sprayed all over the desert. He sent in in to AAC. They told him, "Sorry, but the most they could do is give him 50% of of MSRP on a replacement." He would have to wait the year and spend the additional 200 on the stamp. He bought 3 SilencerCo cans and walked away from AAC forever.

I have had 2 baffle strikes on my Silencerco Specwar 762, both being fired on my Black Hole Weaponry 6x45 rifle. They welded new pieces in place and recoated them and had them returned in under 10 days. I checked with Black Hole after the 2nd strike and they checked the barrel for me. It had a problem and sent a flier randomly. They sent me a new barrel and Im back in business. SilencerCo made the decision on which cans to by pretty easy. I talked to them after the second one and told them about the barrel problem, they said, "It happens, but we have your back!"

TBAC makes good stuff, quality shouldn't be a problem. Good luck and me the silence be with you.

• Like 1

I just listened to that gunwerks podcast on suppressors and he mentioned that he is good with bringing his brand new baby shooting with him and not messing with any ear pro. Are these suppressors quiet enough to not be wearing anything?

some are. Depends on a few things. Barrel length, altitude, caliber, suppressor volume. A good suppressor can make Supersonic rounds hearing safe, even though the sonic crack/boom is still there. That happens far enough away to not hurt your ears.

• Like 1

I wear protection when at the range but would not hesitate to go without for hunting.

• Like 2

If anyone wants to bring their rifle down and screw on a can or two for comparison, let me know. Or better, if a few people want to come down to demo some cans, lets do it. Maybe hear a TBAC Ultra 5, Ultra 9, SilencerCo Omega, Harvester or Hybrid in person so you can decide for yourself. There are a few places to meet off Hwy 90 not too far south from I-10. Of course, we have to wait until the fire restrictions are lifted. As of now, Coronado NF says no firearms until 31 July, or sooner, depending on when restrictions are lifted.

• Like 2

Purchased a silencer shop trust last night. One step closer. The price/process for one of these suppressors is absolutely ridiculous.

• Like 1

Purchased a silencer shop trust last night. One step closer. The price/process for one of these suppressors is absolutely ridiculous.

it is ridiculous, but Im glad I did it. Buy a 22 suppressor. Its a gateway drug.

• Like 1