Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Help me decide on a new lightweight stock for my 700

I put a B&C Alaskan on a 700 in .270, nice stock, but there was a lot of contact with the barrel channel on the factory sporter barrel that required inletting. And then finally I had to bed the action because accuracy was questionable at best...just my experience but it was far from drop in and shoot. I like it a lot now though...but that extra work may or may not be worth the money I could have to put into a more expensive stock

I did the same thing as Siwash but I never bedded my .270 and I shot 3/4" groups with mine. That as good as I ever really shoot off a bench anyway. I enjoyed working on that B&C stock to make it fit the barrel. I am currently having that .270 rebarreled with a proof barrel so I went ahead and bought a B&C ultralight varmint stock for it. It weighs 32 oz and yes the Manners and McMillan stocks are nicer and lighter, I have a game scout, but for twice the price I dunno. I will find out when I get my rifle back. As for the weight, 6 oz isnt that much and I should be concentrating on my weight loss not 6 oz in the rifle for an extra 300 bucks.

My first car was a 63 Buick Special 9 passenger station wagon my dad gave me when I was in HS after he got a 65 Catalina convertible. I should start my own optics company since nobody makes what I think is a good hunting optic as they are all way too heavy. Anything over 16-18oz is impractible.

Ill save weight elsewhere. Optics are a place Im not willing to cut weight. All high end optics are generally on the heavier side.

• Like 1