Sign in to follow this  
Lv2hnt

Reminder: Trail cam meeting/webcast tonight at main G&F office

Tjhunt2 Desert Christian bowhunters was there last night and represented well. He had some good ideas also.

Just fyi.. Christian Hunters of America. ;) I think the name was changed because so many people thought it was only for Archers.

• Like 2

The comparison to using a fish finder and using trail cameras is why this ban will probably go into effect. That has to be one of the most unintelligent comments I have heard yet. Do us all a favor and if you are going to speak up at these meetings, please think about what you are going to say before you go there.

Take it up with the A3 guy at the meeting. At least he's speaking up on the matter. And actually it's not a dumb comment. The game and fish said they have been talking about regulating the fish finders.

The problem is the attack on what we can use as anglers and hunters. We need to stand our ground, you never know what they want to take next. You may or may not like cameras, but when it comes to something you like you will care.

• Like 3

1/4 miles in each direction thats 1/2 miles across. That's basically a quarter section every time there's a water trough. Where we hunt the January archery hunt, there are water troughs that have been put in several draws to be more convenient for cattle to water. The coues deer don't use them much as there are a lot of little seeps down the bottoms of the draws. If there is a 1/4 section off limits around each one of these, it closes off a lot of land. A few of our favorite stand locations will be off limits just because they're in the wrong quarter section even though the water has nothing to do with why we've picked the spot.

I don't live in Arizona but I live on a 100 plus acre farm in Idaho. It got me thinking, if they made that law here, I wouldn't ever legally be able to put a camera out on my property again. Between where I water my horses and the neighbor waters his cows it would all be off limits.

Good point they need to ban rotating cameras also.

I do not think anybody is arguing in favor of keeping live/ real time cellular/remote style cams. They do cross the line to unfair violation to fair chase concepts in most minds. I haven't heard anybody argue otherwise, but it seems that people who do not like trail cams are using "live" cams to confuse the issue with all other cameras.

• Like 2

That has to be one of the most unintelligent comments I have heard yet.

i thought so too

The comparison to using a fish finder and using trail cameras is why this ban will probably go into effect. That has to be one of the most unintelligent comments I have heard yet. Do us all a favor and if you are going to speak up at these meetings, please think about what you are going to say before you go there.

The game and fish said they have been talking about regulating the fish finders.

until i read this. hopefully they were trolling because that is some funny stuff

• Like 1

Trail cams allow anybody to have 7/24/365 surveilance of public lands in as many locations as a participant is willing to maintain. I do enjoy looking at all the photos users post. At the end of the day, it is a fair chase issue. I support a ban.

• Like 1

If it is only a matter of fair chase, then why not ban them all together not just at water sources.

• Like 1

Comments about banning riflescopes, binoculars, camo, compound bows, fishfinders, quads, etc. are the reason this is going to pass. Sad. There are a lot of good and INTELLIGENT arguments for trail camera use but 99% have been almost laughable.

• Like 3

If the live feed cams aren't already banned, they should be.

So my cell cams can be set to transmit the picture with in a few minutes or at any time up to 24 hours... what is an acceptable time frame?

So my cell cams can be set to transmit the picture with in a few minutes or at any time up to 24 hours... what is an acceptable time frame?

If it's a tasco I think their trigger speed is 24hrs I would set it for 30 seconds.

Million dollar idea.

You can use trailcameras only if you shoot traditional gear. There's your fair chase spectrum covered to the nines

I think you should have to physically check them. ban the live feed ones during the season at the very least
  • Like 2