trphyhntr

Does everyone have their popcorn ready??

According to wiki..a case dismissed with prejudice is over and done with, once and for all, and can't be brought back to court.

Wondering when he will chime in and fill in all the blanks? Maybe his brother could fill us in?

Perhaps given the tone of this thread, he is justified in not feeling like he has to explain anything to us.

Someone earlier in the thread commented on the decline of comity on the site. Perhaps we all should take this opportunity to reflect on the way each of us conduct ourselves.

I will.

Bruce

The picture of the deer definitely raises some questions, lack of blood mainly, but there must not have been any hard evidence to prove it was killed anywhere else. I don't know the guy and could care less either way, but I would hope a buck of that caliber was taken legally.

Many times a case is dismissed in this short time span because it was misfiled in the wrong court jurisdiction or was misfiled by class of crime. We need to wait and see what really happened before making too many comments!

• Like 1

According to wiki..a case dismissed with prejudice is over and done with, once and for all, and can't be brought back to court.

That depends on how far in the process he was. He was never even arraigned, so hypothetically new charges could be brought. If not, they could file slightly different charges, or even seek to have him charged in federal court. People don't realize that even if you go through a trial and are acquitted in state court, you can still face another trial in federal court based on the same set of facts. Prosecution by different sovereigns does not trigger the double jeopardy protection.

• Like 1

Wondering when he will chime in and fill in all the blanks? Maybe his brother could fill us in?

Perhaps given the tone of this thread, he is justified in not feeling like he has to explain anything to us.

Someone earlier in the thread commented on the decline of comity on the site. Perhaps we all should take this opportunity to reflect on the way each of us conduct ourselves.

I will.

Bruce

WRONG sorry to burst your bubble.

its not the decline of the comunity at all, nothing to do with them.

if its true that he was legal its the decline of the AZG&F department as there the ones that issued the articals in the case.

when someone gets chrarged you usually believe that they have evidence that a crime was committed especially with all the highetch crap out there now.

so again if ANYONE IS AT FAULT its the people at the law enforcment agency to charged him NO ONE ELSE.

this wasnt a case like on a fishing forum were someone accused someone of cheating. These were LAW ENFORCEMENT charging the guy.

• Like 3

Many times a case is dismissed in this short time span because it was misfiled in the wrong court jurisdiction or was misfiled by class of crime. We need to wait and see what really happened before making too many comments!

Only if if was "dismissed WITHOUT prejudice". Then they could refile.

I'm not a lawyer, but that's my understanding on the difference between dismissing "with prejudice" or "without prejudice"

Guess we'll see how it plays out.

Dismissed with prejudice means the same charge with the same fact base can not be filed in THE SAME court.

• Like 1

The picture of the deer definitely raises some questions, lack of blood mainly, but there must not have been any hard evidence to prove it was killed anywhere else. I don't know the guy and could care less either way, but I would hope a buck of that caliber was taken legally.

I dont think any of my trophy pics contain any blood in them. A few people brought that up in this thread and i disagreed with it.

• Like 1