Sign in to follow this  
nooch2222

ER Shaw custom rifles????

Anyone have any knowledge of the ER Shaw custom rifles? Im looking to build a 280 ai in the near future and can't decide to go full custom or semi with a quality action like remmington or savage. Would like to keep the rifle around 10 lbs or under. Looking for suggestions?

There was a nice 280ai in the classified section recently. Might see if it is still around.

I have a .243 AI built by them.

It cannot get larger than a 1 group no matter what load.

In other words.....it shoots bug holes.

You wont be disappointed.

I have a .243 AI built by them.

It cannot get larger than a 1 group no matter what load.

In other words.....it shoots bug holes.

You wont be disappointed.

Thanks! Thats what i was hoping to hear. Gonna be a strickly hunting rifle
  • Like 1

I built a semi custom last build. It was heavy. Im starting to save now for an under 7lb custom that I can carry while hunting. I know theres other threads on here that have done the same.

I built a semi custom last build. It was heavy. Im starting to save now for an under 7lb custom that I can carry while hunting. I know theres other threads on here that have done the same.

What do you think you'll go with? This would be my first build. I can't decide whether to go full custom or find a used remy or savage long action to build off of.

What do you think you'll go with? This would be my first build. I can't decide whether to go full custom or find a used remy or savage long action to build off of.
that is the biggest dilemma! Trying to decide if I want to do something that has brass or factory ammo available or build another wildcat.
  • Like 1

Food for thought, without knowing your budget, there are plenty of guys on this forum with enough money to go to any builder in the country, and quite a few of them have multiple builds from Eric at Axisworks.

• Like 1

The Shaw rifle is nothing more than a rebranded Savage. The only difference between it and the Savage is that they have gone nutless and simply shouldered one of their barrels up to the action. You can build a really nice custom Savage configured the way you want it with a better quality barrel yourself for right around the same price. I have messed with a couple shaw rifles and they do shoot and the Shaw barrels that I have owned in the past have also shot well.

Food for thought, without knowing your budget, there are plenty of guys on this forum with enough money to go to any builder in the country, and quite a few of them have multiple builds from Eric at Axisworks.

Eric will be doing another one for me soon !

• Like 1

Contact Todd at Southern Xpress Precision Rifles. I know he has a 280 AI on a Savage action for sale. It is a shooter too! 602-677-3791

post-5812-0-97460800-1528311232_thumb.png

post-5812-0-89901600-1528311256_thumb.png

• Like 2

Contact Todd at Southern Xpress Precision Rifles. I know he has a 280 AI on a Savage action for sale. It is a shooter too! 602-677-3791

I'll do that thank you!