Sign in to follow this  
bhuntin

GILA MONSTER LENGTH

When I read the title I thought, "dang, that's my old stage name and a rather personal question."

I think that is already too much information.

that 18" was worth a grand...waitin for my buddy to pay up....u know, the guy who came up with BOONER!

When I read the title I thought, "dang, that's my old stage name and a rather personal question."

Must have been in short stories.

The last one I found, didn't like being poked with a stick. They hiss very loudly, and have very strong jaws.

About 25ish years back on top of a tall mesa besides the 87 i stumbled upon 1 that must have been guarding its nest/den?? So i was completely whooped from a day of chasing pig and deer and absolutely drabbing butt tired and stumbling along when a loud hiss came at me and scared the heck outta me.. I jumped up and back and when i got my footing looked down and here is a G.M. like doing a push up hissing at me. I started laughing cuz moment earlier i thought my life was over. Ok so i regained composure and tried walking around it and found it positively had a boundary it would not allow me to cross. I would say it had a good 10' semi circle that if l i entered that space it would charge me in and hiss. Wish it were camera phone days so i could have recorded it. Saw way more when i was a kid even had a crazy dad that brought 1 home off a jobsite and it got loose in our garage. Very cool critters and unfortunately when I worked at Adobe Mountain Wildlife Center back in 1997 it was probably also the most common animal that was confiscated from people.

• Like 1