Sign in to follow this  
bhuntin

tag applicants

Just read an article which said that applicants for sheep and goats in colorado were through the roof,upwards of 800% or so increases. I hope this isn't bad news for us and also begs the question that maybe they are not all hunters applying. I guess we will find out soon. Anyone else see this article? do not remember who wrote it,popped up as newsfeed on FB

• Like 1

This was the first year in CO where an applicant did not need to front the entire tag costs to apply. A huge increase was expected this year.

• Like 3

I believe well north of 7000 apps for 1 desert sheep tag nonresident

Just read an article which said that applicants for sheep and goats in colorado were through the roof,upwards of 800% or so increases. I hope this isn't bad news for us and also begs the question that maybe they are not all hunters applying. I guess we will find out soon. Anyone else see this article? do not remember who wrote it,popped up as newsfeed on FB

Colorado is a fairly expensive state to build points in. $43 non refundable. You need to put in for 3 years to even get entered into the lottery for moose sheep and goat. Then its probably a 40-50 year wait to get a tag at this rate. If it is anti hunters putting in to take tags away from the hunters then I think theyre gonna have enough money sunk into it that they earned it!!!

I firmly believe I drew rifle pronghorn and sheep in 2010 because #1 I had good luck and #2 you had to fill out a paper app that year and front the cash #3 the economy was still bad.

• Like 2