SirRoyal

The Trail Cam Celebration

Show me anything, from anywhere, when you did something to defend hunting or hunters. Since you care so much. What was your plan for defeating the Humane Society? What is your plan for defeating them when they come back? You are only interested in beating Pete for your own selfish reasons, and it has nothing to do with hunting. I will put my trust in those with a PROVEN track record of standing up for hunting in Arizona, and those that are ACTIVELY trying to defend us from anti hunting groups. You are merely trying to put others down to bring yourself up. Well, where I come from you have to make your own success, you don't get kudos for being a mouthpiece. You know nothing of the common good, or you would have done something to help when an out of State group WAS actually trying to take tags from you.

• Like 1

Ok, well you are entitled to that opinion. And sincerely thank you for doing what you think is right for the sportsmen of this state. We dont agree, I told you that at the Bass Pro meeting, but just as I said at the very beginning of that meeting and all others I have attended, I appreciate the efforts of those who are trying to help.

• Like 1

And my opinion, as I have stated, is to move the education plan forward. I never discredited your input on funding the plan, quite the opposite is true. I have never hid my thoughts or intentions, and at times I have set them aside to try and come to a more unified position for us all.

But for some reason you have recently taken an opinion that I am some kind of infiltrator, or only here to speak for Pete. I can save you some conspiracies. I do not work for Conserve and Protect Arizona. But if they offered me the chance, I would take it in a heartbeat. Those guys and gals have done a whole lot for wildlife. And for hunters. They have a plan. I also don't need to lie to any of you, because like you, I stand behind what I think is right. I too appreciate those that are trying to come up with solutions to this problem, because it is a huge problem, and something needs to be done.

And my opinion, as I have stated, is to move the education plan forward. I never discredited your input on funding the plan, quite the opposite is true. I have never hid my thoughts or intentions, and at times I have set them aside to try and come to a more unified position for us all.

But for some reason you have recently taken an opinion that I am some kind of infiltrator, or only here to speak for Pete. I can save you some conspiracies. I do not work for Conserve and Protect Arizona. But if they offered me the chance, I would take it in a heartbeat. Those guys and gals have done a whole lot for wildlife. And for hunters. They have a plan. I also don't need to lie to any of you, because like you, I stand behind what I think is right. I too appreciate those that are trying to come up with solutions to this problem, because it is a huge problem, and something needs to be done.

I think you are misunderstanding my statement. I do not think you are a liar, or infiltrator or anything of the sort, I just pointed out that you are here to support the CAPAZ cause. And I prefer to have my discussions with the folks I know. Thats it.

Twigsnapper and AZKiller are both long time members of this site and so engaging them for this conversation has more meaning than engaging a stranger. I am sure the same is true for the CAPAZ folks which is why they havent given my input much standing. So I have taken my message to those who will listen.

Thats the beauty of the commissions plan to form a committee. If it is populated with a diverse group, it will force everyone to listen to each others ideas and come up with a proposal. But if its stacked with supporters of any pre-existing plan they will just steam roll everyone else and it wont produce the best idea, just the one that had the most voice.

• Like 1

I am really not seeing the problem. I cant drive in the valley and not see a G&F billboard. My instagram and facebook feeds are littered with G&F advertisements. I can honestly say Game and Fish is doing a great job in getting the word out. This problem of education funding is fabricated, IMO.

• Like 1

I want to do more to educate the public and I think we have enough ideas to raise the money to do so.

• Like 1

I want to do more to educate the public and I think we have enough ideas to raise the money to do so.

true statement, and my personal opinion is an honest dedication to public outreach gives more credibility to honest funding assessments, be they raffles, stamps, merchandise, what have you. I have every intention of being involved in the outreach program, that is my ultimate goal. Who knows, maybe we will both end up having an impact on the future of hunting. Bonecollector made a defining statement, about this whole mess starting over education they should have been doing a long time ago. That sums it up perfectly, and, at no fault to any of us here, this should have been addressed as soon as HSUS kicked our butts in 1994.
  • Like 1

Rather than provide any more input to this thread and future ones on the CPAZ matter, I'm opting out of all of it on this site. It seems every thread here degrades into name calling and denigrating of people. That's usually the sign of not having anything worthwhile to add. If someone wants their opinion respected, they need to reciprocate by respecting the opinions of others.

Have fun.

Hunters should be suspicious and concerned about tags being taken away. Not hearing any good reasons why regular hunters should allow this, or any confirmation this grab couldn't escalate into something worse later.

Here is the question. Can with all the money we raise educate someone that is anti hunting?? Can we reach all those people with negative thoughts about what we do and what we love!! I absolutely think there needs to be further education of those that dont know!! Is it too late?? The commision should have taken those steps many years ago!! We are in for a fight!! Flatlander has great points and well thought out ideas!! I only hope that we can all come together to fund a succesful solution!!

Here is the question. Can with all the money we raise educate someone that is anti hunting?? Can we reach all those people with negative thoughts about what we do and what we love!! I absolutely think there needs to be further education of those that dont know!! Is it too late?? The commision should have taken those steps many years ago!! We are in for a fight!! Flatlander has great points and well thought out ideas!! I only hope that we can all come together to fund a succesful solution!!

Not to be contrarian, but why is it the depts responsibility to educate the public? Why can we point at them and say You made this problem?

This is OUR problem, and we ALL must contribute to the solution or else we ALL have a lot to lose.

This isnt just AZGFDs problem, it is shared by everyone who participates in hunting and fishing and it is the problem of every person who enjoys seeing wildlife and having healthy diverse populations whether they realize it or not.

We cant point the finger at anyone else, this is on us to solve because we are the ones that stand to lose if it changes.

Not to be contrarian, but why is it the depts responsibility to educate the public? Why can we point at them and say You made this problem?

This is OUR problem, and we ALL must contribute to the solution or else we ALL have a lot to lose.

This isnt just AZGFDs problem, it is shared by everyone who participates in hunting and fishing and it is the problem of every person who enjoys seeing wildlife and having healthy diverse populations whether they realize it or not.

We cant point the finger at anyone else, this is on us to solve because we are the ones that stand to lose if it changes.

I can agree with you that its everyones problem but I believe the department will benefit from this education/marketing program financially. Spreading the word on who, what, why and how the department exists will increase there license sales and they will do it by selling public tags.

I have also emailed Jay Scott to find out why no opposing view points have been presented on his podcast. He was polite but I am sure everyone can imagine the response.

I wonder if John Stallone with hunt with the masters would hear you out on your ideas and concerns? I never thought jay was doing the hunting community a favor by telling us about the proposal, he just gave them a flatform to advertise. It would be nice to see the other side represented somewhere.