bigorange

Any private pilots here?

Try Ryan. There used to be a good flight school there.

Thanks. That is what I was thinking too. Used to drive by there all the time on the way to work.

Take off and landings at the old Glendale Airport was not for the faint of heart.

I learned at the old Glendale airport. I think it was 1300' with power lines at both ends of the runway!

Take off and landings at the old Glendale Airport was not for the faint of heart.

I learned at the old Glendale airport. I think it was 1300' with power lines at both ends of the runway!

yes I think around Grand Ave and El Mirage? my ex's company parked a 172 out there. Seemed like a crazy place to put an airport.

Had a couple friends with private licenses when I was in the Air Force. We use to go fly every Sunday because it was a no fly day for the military. We would buy bags of oranges and get permission from the air traffic controller to fly over the bombing range. Then we would open one door of the plane and bomb the planes with oranges as we dive bombed them. Good times.

If your on the North end of Tucson Marana airport might work for you. It’s been a few years since I was there last but there were a couple small schools. I’m in the process of selling a plane to a guy that lives down there, I’ll ask if he knows of any decent schools.

If you spent any time in Phoenix I would also recommend Angel Aviation at Glendale Airport, my office was there before moving to Prescott Airport, the owner is a great guy.

Deer Valley has several schools and CFI’s but it is crazy busy, you can be on the taxi way for twenty minutes waiting to take off if you get caught in the early morning “ student conga line”.

Go for it and good luck, it’s quite an adventure.