huntz

San Carlos

Has anybody been out to San Carlos lately? Im thinking about going out there to try for some cats and crappie! Thanks

We did pretty with Crappie in April. I heard they are catching the catfish really good right now. I know the water level is getting way to low.

I looked the other day and thought it said just over 8000 acre ft which is pretty much empty. :(

Thanks for sharing, Dan. Can a boat be launched anywhere at SC right now?

Anyone ever fish it this low for crappie? I'm curious if the deeper portions of that water column clear up and concentrate fish.

There was a pontoon on the water yesterday LOL, they launched in between the two little islands there East of the ramp, there's at least a few ppl fishing each day, sounds like Catfish is pretty good right now not sure on size though, i think whatever crappie were left died last month.

Water levels say 00.65% as of Today but the readings planed out on Monday so it's no longer accurate. Fish/Boat at your own risk.

Talkalai Lake is still doing pretty good for all species.

DAN

• Like 4

Is a die off like that typical or only in bad drought years? That sucks to see. What will that mean the next few years?

Same thing each year since 2012, fish naturally return from Talkalai and the Gila.

DAN