Sign in to follow this  
tomgobbler

Home Depot worse service I’ve ever had

Started several months ago my dad wanted to re shingle his roof , after about 30 years I guess it needed it , went to Home Depot ordered shingles was given a date they would be here , they didnt show up when promised , nor the week after the that , or the next ..... FINLY got shingles reroofed the house , was a few bundles short , ordered some more , given a date .... no shingles , given another date no shingles , given another date no shingles .... this has been a going a month now just for the few bundles we needed .... THEY finally returned our calls AFTER promising 3 different times & taking our money , they called us & CANCELLED our order, oh we cant get / order only a few bundles WTH you didnt know that when we ordered them ? When you took our money ? When you promised 3 different times of a date given of when they would be here , after spending $10k on supplies your just call to say sorry cant get it .... how the heck do people stay in business.... sorry to vent but this has been going on for about 3 1/2 months from the first day we ordered tell today when they canceled our order .... after phone call , after phone call , after phone call , & empty promise after empty promise after empty promise .....

Anyone know were I can get a few of these shingles see attached pic

post-2728-0-09081800-1528952791_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

That color can be a special order. Likely HD is the middle man and gets their stuff through Beacon roofing supply (RSG). You could call the roofing supplier direct and see what the deal is. Sucks man I feel your pain.

Sounds like normal cheapo Depot service to me!

I hate home depot. I started going to Lowe's last year. No problems since.

• Like 1

I hate home depot. I started going to Lowe's last year. No problems since.

I hit the Lowe's on Lk Pleasant Pkwy, service is incredible. And they give vet discount 365 days a year, I only got the discounts on a few patriotic holidays at Home Depot.
  • Like 1

Only thing I can think of is try Casey's in Winslow. It's been 15 years since I've even stepped in there so it might be a different place. Back then, we got a lot of roofing materials from them. You might get lucky, who knows.

Other option is to get another color that is as close to the one you have and mix it up on the roof. Pick areas that are easy to hide like next to penetrations and near the ridges or an area that doesn't get a lot of sun.

I can have some brought up to Payson from the valley if that helps you.

Pm me

• Like 1

Yea we’ve never had problems with Lowe’s either & it’s across the street ! Not sure why my dad originally went to HD - I can assure you he will never go back .

Whale if your for sure it’s the same ones - that would be awesome ! Please check with your supplier & let me know , & when you can get them & we’ll run down & pick them up .

928-243-8652 thank you in advance !!

I can have some brought up to Payson from the valley if that helps you.

Pm me

John is a great guy. He did my roof, did my dads spec house, and a couple of my coworkers roofs. Good guy to deal with!

• Like 1

That why you buy something like that from a roofing supply house and not HD. There are multiple companies that sell nothing but roofing...in stock, next day delivery

• Like 1

I ordered carpet from Lowes and was to be installed. We removed all furniture from rooms and were ready when the installer came to install. My wife looked at the carpet on the truck as she had a premonition that it would be the wrong carpet. It was cheep and wrong color. We had to put the furniture back and go back to Lowes. They couldnt provide the color she wanted so we wanted our money back. The store manager said that he couldnt write a check so they raided all of the cash registers for twenties fives even change. He put it in a lowes cash bag we took it to the credit union to deposit it. The teller grumbled till we told her the story. Lowes manager wanted me to bring the cash bag back to him, LOL. I wont go to Lowes unless HD or ACE doesnt have what I want. Now that Jimmy Johnson is not the champ every year Lowes is pulling their sponsorship. LOWES :P