AZHNTR67

VINTAGE WOOD ARROWS FOR SALE

Hello! I came across these old wood arrows that I know are probably close to 40+ years old.

I'm looking for some help with value and would prefer they go to someone who can use or display them.

I am open to any reasonable offers

Thank you!

Call or Text: 602-525-9988

post-8446-0-84116400-1529172659.jpg

post-8446-0-09458000-1529172666_thumb.jpg

post-8446-0-80755300-1529172671.jpg

post-8446-0-84669700-1529172678.jpg

Nope not even close to 70 years old Id say hes fairly close at 40 years old. I have the same style arrows and bear broad heads on some old plan cedar no paint on the shaft arrows that I know are 55 years old cause I purchased with my first bow from Rocking Horse Archery Shop (there a name from the time machine for some of you old timers on here). If my memory is correct they were just on the east side of I-17 just north of Indian School Rd. And they were one of only 3 archery shops in the entire valley at that time.

• Like 2

I am 50 years old and I have pictures of me with my father with the bow that he shot these arrows with when I was three so probably 47 to 50 years old. Pretty cool to think how far arrows and broad heads have come over the years.

Cedar arrows shoot fine out of a compound. A compound actually uses a lower spine per given draw weight than a compound.

You go right ahead, Ill pass on doing that I happen to like my face, eyes, arms and fingers free of foreign objects made of wood but I wouldnt hesitate to shoot a fiberglass, aluminum or carbon arrow out of a recurve or long bow.

• Like 1

Cedar arrows shoot fine out of a compound. A compound actually uses a lower spine per given draw weight than a compound.

oh really? Explain that for me please,

This is the Easton spine calculator: https://eastonarchery.com/group-t11/

A 30 arrow out of a 60lb recurve requires a spine of .325

A 30 arrow out of a 340fps ATA coumpound requires a .375 spine......or less spine..

Its because of the difference in how the force is applied (full poundage at release vs how the cams apply the force)

If memory serves me correctly, and of course that is not guaranteed, those yellow shafted "Bear Razorhead" tipped arrows could be bought out of a white cardboard display box at the local "Yellow Front" store for a whopping $1.97 each... the white colored shafts carried a crimped on silver field point and sold for $.79 cents each...as a 13 year old in 1973 I spent a lot of my hard-earned pennies on buying "Yellow Front" store arrows to keep my 40 lb draw Bear "Grizzly" recurve fed......

• Like 2

If memory serves me correctly, and of course that is not guaranteed, those yellow shafted "Bear Razorhead" tipped arrows could be bought out of a white cardboard display box at the local "Yellow Front" store for a whopping $1.97 each... the white colored shafts carried a crimped on silver field point and sold for $.79 cents each...as a 13 year old in 1973 I spent a lot of my hard-earned pennies on buying "Yellow Front" store arrows to keep my 40 lb draw Bear "Grizzly" recurve fed......

Inflation. They were about 15% cheaper just a couple years earlier at the Ben Franklin Hardware. I can still smell those arrows.
  • Like 2