Ringer

Flatlander for the new committee.

You can be an AES member and not really be involved in the politics of it. I speak from experience. When I was guiding my first veteran with Hunts For Heroes we ran into a group of hunters that were old time AES. The veteran got to talking to them a bit. They never did ask me what my affiliation was. What would I have said, "RMEF"? Tom had already warned me that might not be the best answer. Well, how about "Tom recruited me off CWT". The veteran told me later that Tom had told him I was not with AES so he saw the humor in the situation as it was unfolding. I returned from that hunt and filled out an AES membership application. Then I sent Tom a text that I was now an AES member and he would no longer need to warn his veterans that I was an Infidel.

• Like 1

Lee, you're good people no matter which group you identify with! I count myself lucky to now call you my friend ...

• Like 1

Lee, you're good people no matter which group you identify with! I count myself lucky to now call you my friend ...

Unless you were a liberal millennial, then all bets would be off. ;)

• Like 1

Likely better to handle things behind closed doors. I doubt they wanted anyone like Flatlander there to report back.

That was a surprising turn of events but Ill say to you guys I think that were in a good spot. There is no way that this can get done without going through the commission and through our public comments. Weve seen by what was done with the trail cameras that if we show up and speak our mind that the commission will make good decisions. So we just got to stick with this. I cant help but take Davis at his word that he thought of a better way than forming a committee on short notice like they were doing.

• Like 2

That was a surprising turn of events but Ill say to you guys I think that were in a good spot. There is no way that this can get done without going through the commission and through our public comments. Weve seen by what was done with the trail cameras that if we show up and speak our mind that the commission will make good decisions. So we just got to stick with this. I cant help but take Davis at his word that he thought of a better way than forming a committee on short notice like they were doing.

I really wish someone from the Department would have shown up today and gave input on what they are willing to consider for ideas. I also wish the Department would have submitted recommendations 9 months ago when they petitioned the Commission for funding. Someone in the Department knows what they can and cannot, or at least not willing to do. Give us some guidance.

When you form a committee it becomes political. Who gets on it and do they have an agenda that is supported. Maybe they will do like 2012 and see how many people show up at the next meeting. Writing the Governor and the legislature may also help. It did last time and we had reps from the Governor's office at the Commission meeting.

• Like 1

I hope whoever is on the committee goes into it with an open mind and willing to listen to ALL suggestions. Listen to all options, ask questions, weigh pros vs cons and ignore their own prejudices. Then hopefully, when final decision is made it is made with the best of intentions and what is best for Arizona, Arizona wildlife and our hunting heritage.

• Like 1

I hope whoever is on the committee goes into it with an open mind and willing to listen to ALL suggestions. Listen to all options, ask questions, weigh pros vs cons and ignore their own prejudices. Then hopefully, when final decision is made it is made with the best of intentions and what is best for Arizona, Arizona wildlife and our hunting heritage.

Well, there will be no committee, so . . .

• Like 1

So... When do the campaign donations get refunded?

Saving it for my gubernatorial war chest.

HBD Flatlander!

Saving it for my gubernatorial war chest.

haha, ask MulePackHunter about his buddy running for governor last cycle. His motto was, "Can't get no worse".
  • Like 1