Sign in to follow this  
3BOYZAZ

2018 antler growth

Man that one closest to the camera is a real cow, can't check mine forest is closed. And no tag..

I don't see a way to embed video, so here is a link:

Dang. Need to install a traffic light on the trail! lol

You have a great spot!

• Like 2

That is from almost two months worth of pics, but yeah...quite a bit of traffic on that trail. What goes by too fast to really see in the video are two bears, two coyotes, and a fox.

:Based on what I am seeing, antler size for 2018 looks to be about par for the course, but recruitment in 2018 is not looking good. The quantity of evidence is minimal. so I could just be full of it, but it looks like coyotes are hitting them hard.

I'm also not seeing great recruitment but I'm hoping that it is a little early yet. I think there is still time for them to drop.

Did have the fawn in distress call going this weekend. Let's just say that I have saved a few calves and fawns!!!!!!!

Oh and antlers. I think they will be just fine. The winter was mild and I think growth will be better than hunters are expecting. From what I'm seeing it should be a solid year. Not fantastic but good.

• Like 1

A great moisture year isn't going to transform 300 inch bulls into 350s. This year there will still be a whole pile of 310-330 bulls like there always is, which is what most guys turning tags back in would shoot even in a great water year. I've seen plenty of great bulls this year that I'd shoot any year. Just go hunt and enjoy it.

• Like 1

I've never seen a drought year affect antler growth as much as this year. 3c is struggling. But having a tag is much better than not.

I'm 80-90% sure this is the same bull but didnt catch it right away for obvious reasons

post-402-0-29548200-1533617606_thumb.jpg

• Like 2