Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

Went to buy an ATV at a dealer

I've been needing an ATV for a long time now.

It's not just the ability to haul game and scout, but it's going to expand my scouting range. Now I can drive to the middle of nowhere- and then start walking.

So I'm looking- I see some ads in craigslist. I got a few bucks, I'd probably want to finance the rest.

One of the Ridenows has the Can Am Outlander 450 for $3499. Not a bad price. I go down there, and they really really want to sell me a 570.

Turns out the 450 isn't in stock- but they can get me one. OK- fair enough. Lets go talk numbers.

In short- a $3499 ATV turned out to be $5400 out the door. We're talking destination fees, setup fees, taxes. blah blah..

I get that they have to make money- but that's ridiculous. I walked. I expected maybe something like 4100-4200 out the door. But those fees are robbery.

Am I going to expect these types of 'fees' at all the dealerships? If so, I might just buy used. There's a few good ones out there.

And if this isn't ALL of the dealers, who are some of the better ones? I heard about a place near Rye- but they didn't sell Can Ams.

I HIGHLY recommend you call 4 season motorsports in Payson. They are usually a lot cheaper than in town dealers!

• Like 6

Im not your dad and dont want to be......, but if you save those payments and pay cash, youll pry find something in stock.

I'm moving out.

• Like 2

Four seasons is good and they most certainly sell can-am. I bought my ranger from cottonwood motor sports. They were excellent as well.

• Like 1

Find a few years old polaris sportsman for a few 1000 and it will

Last for wver

• Like 1

I HIGHLY recommend you call 4 season motorsports in Payson. They are usually a lot cheaper than in town dealers!

They were the best price when I bought my Commander several years ago.

• Like 1

Stay as far away from any of the ride nows unless you know someone who works there and can hook u up. They upsell u just like a fing car dealership. Four Seasons in Rye or Iron City are both great to seal with. Have bought from both of them. Would also suggest goin with Polaris.

• Like 3

If you go into a Ridenow, bring your own lube, cuz they will try and bend you over. Bait and switch masters. I had a big go around with a Ridenow, here in Tucson years ago. Don't finance with them. I don't know if they still do, but they used to use GE money bank for financing, and they are Sharks. GE was a big Obama crony Corp, and the company is having financial problems.

Setup fee's are a ripoff. All they do is uncrate it, and add the fluids. Those fee's can be negotiated.

• Like 4

Do not go to any ride now's please I bought my ranger for 5 grand cheaper than what ride now wanted to rape me with I got mine in Safford at Gila polaris its a trek but call them and see what they can do it was well worth it for me

• Like 1

My opinion is to buy used. I see good quality, low hours, original owner, garage kept atvs out there that I would be proud to own. They are usually priced competitively. I don't buy because I live by the less is more attitude but recognize the practicality.

• Like 1

Call 4 seasons like adam says. Ask for chris. Thats weird they dont have can am's. I just bought one last year. And four rangers the previous few years. Talk to chris he will take care of you.

If you want new and don't have the cash. Negotiate a cash price and get your own financing.

Rule of thumb tho..Never finance a toy. It will suck when you send them payments in and it's just sitting in your garage for months at a time with no use.

• Like 1

I should clarify- I was pre approved for whatever I wanted from desert financial..but I really didnt want to finance unpacking fees.

Ill try four seasons.. or maybe a good used Polaris!