bigorange

Bear spray advice

It looks like another record tourist year for Yellowstone. Saw a photo the other day, of huge lines of cars at the West entrance. It's a great place, but huge crowds can really ruin the experience.

Large caliber side arm. I don't think I would trust spray.

I was just thinking about buying some bear spray. For the tweekers or whoever keep breaking into my camper. I pray I catch them in the act one of these times.

I always keep a spray-paint sized canister in the door of my truck for this same reason. Less-lethal and waaay better than mace.

Both spray and a sidearm if you are allowed and proficient. Can't imagine trying to unlimber that scoped .460 in a hurry though. Do some research on bear behavior. Make noise while hiking and travel downwind where possible.

post-4521-0-07380900-1529769522_thumb.jpg

Both spray and a sidearm if you are allowed and proficient. Can't imagine trying to unlimber that scoped .460 in a hurry though. Do some research on bear behavior. Make noise while hiking and travel downwind where possible.

Man, that's one tough bear. That model 83 had to HURT coming out! :D

• Like 1

You be amazed how quick I can be, and one shot will definitely slow him down. But I get your jest..

Just fyi the safety clips remove very easily so do not walk around with little orange tab removed. :) L.O.L. multiple guys i know discharched their cans in their own faces while celebratory hug occurred after bear kills. 😂

A bears olfactory receptors are some 7x better than a bloodhound so pepper spray is extremely efficient BUT that said like a migraine its better to administer the medicine before it is full strength! Try to use spray before full blown attack where he has other senses overriding his nose.

• Like 1

Can I have dibs on your Bear Spray, assuming it doesn't get used? Headed to Glacier in August.