Sign in to follow this  
Big Browns

Colt & Lugar for sale

I was told these were the ladies grandfather's guns and that he served in WWII. Is it possible this was a gun brought back from the war?

I was told these were the ladies grandfather's guns and that he served in WWII. Is it possible this was a gun brought back from the war?

If it is, it's a very valuable gun. I can't tell you if it is but look to see if it has German markings. Search the web too. There's probably something on YouTube to identify if it is or not.

• Like 1

The picture of ammo and magazine show 22 long rifle and a 25-auto cartridges. If you would show a picture of the other side of the slide and the top you could most likely show the 25 auto markings. You could also show a picture of the muzzle with the two different bullet ends on top,You could also pull the slide off and look at the barrel markings.Colt didn't make that pistol in 22- WRF. The numbers are any ones guess as to what they are except for the ones on top of the Luger ; Those are assembly markings and should appear in several places unless the pistol was assembled using mis-matched parts.

Hope this helps put this to bed.

The Luger could be worth $500 or $5000 depends on the markings and if it is matching. I would suggest holding on to it until the Ohx gun show the first week of Dec. look for someone who has them on their table for sale and go from there

• Like 1

I can bet money it is from ww2, my grandfather brought on back from when he was over there along with a holster and 2 clips it looked just like that one. it is on display in the eldred world war 2 musem, i had the pleasure of holding it before they put it there, i think it was called the po8?

If you want to know about your Luger go to the internet and type in: German Luger Dates of Manufacture.

You will find: Date of Manufacture for a DWM Luger by Jon C. Still.

Click on the March 2012 update and have some fun. There are also several other sites listed with lots of info, enough to keep you busy the rest of the day. You most likely have a carry back from wwII or one of the thousands imported there after. Pay particular attention to the sections concerning proof marks as they can tell you some particulars.

Have Fun

• Like 1

Posted the pics elswhere and was told it was made by DWM, Deutsche Waffen Munition and it is a commercial model because it is a 30 caliber. Possibly a 1920's model. Apparently all the military ones were 9mm. Possibly manufactured before or during WW1. GESICHERT is german for SAFE.

https://www.sgammo.com/catalog/pistol-ammo-sale/765-para-30-luger

• Like 1

I got an estimate on the guns today. We think the 25 auto is worth $350-$500 and $800-$1400 for the Lugar. The Lugar is pre-WW2 and was definitely brought back from the war era. He thinks the Colt was brought back as well, but can't prove it for either gun.

• Like 1