Sign in to follow this  
PseAZ

Camp Masters....

+1 ON let bulbs.

I remember someone on the RV forum did a test of his power drain and determined that running every LED on his trailer at the same time was less power than one incandescent. Seems like it was about $10 per bulb but I switched out the most commonly used first, then the rest over time...saw an immediate difference.

1 other item not on the trailer itself...but if you store at home or have your trailer at home very often a dedicated 30-amp circuit is awesome. I just added one on the garage and it has been great running the AC in the 105 heat so the trailer stays cool for cleaning, loading, and working on stuff before our summer trip. Everything else worked fine on 15-amp, but AC would trip the garage breaker and the trailer was a hot oven.

Sorry guys been a long weekend got a lot of stuff done/ready for the trip. The Trailer is a 2000 but in awesome condition for the year. The tires where replaced not to long ago somewhere around the start of the year. Most of the Lights are LED already. For right now I bought a 20amp extension cord, ran the AC fine for about 45 munities while we loaded some stuff up. Ill have to get a 30-amp circuit put in at the house.

Ill defiantly have to make sure we rise the poop tank when we get home, I bought a few of those tie-pod looking things to drop in so it don't stink.

Ive been trying to get it loaded up with tools and stuff too. Any must have's ? just wanto make sure were good to go.

Sorry guys been a long weekend got a lot of stuff done/ready for the trip. The Trailer is a 2000 but in awesome condition for the year. The tires where replaced not to long ago somewhere around the start of the year. Most of the Lights are LED already. For right now I bought a 20amp extension cord, ran the AC fine for about 45 munities while we loaded some stuff up. Ill have to get a 30-amp circuit put in at the house.

Ill defiantly have to make sure we rise the poop tank when we get home, I bought a few of those tie-pod looking things to drop in so it don't stink.

Ive been trying to get it loaded up with tools and stuff too. Any must have's ? just wanto make sure were good to go.

Part of the fun is learning the hard way. Just go for it and have a plan for if you break down. Hope you guys have a blast. Let us know how it goes.

• Like 1

Na I hear ya, Just trying to make it as enjoyable for the wife as I can. She's not a super outdoorsy person so trying to do what I can to make sure it all goes well. Hoping she draws her 1st deer tag this year as well. She's actually excited about the 5th wheel it was her idea to get it haha.

Im sure we will have fun tho heading up for the sunrise shoot next weekend just hope it doesn't rain the whole time.

Make sure your carbon monoxide detector is good and always double or triple check the stove before heading to bed. Personally I always shut the bottles off unless its really cold and need to run the heater at night.

• Like 2

Yea that's for the reminder I've herd some pretty messed up stories about that over the years. Ill have to make sure its working for sure.

Plus the hitch on page one is awesome.

Not sure if I read about leveling blocks here but definitley a plus. I use lumber but the plastic ones work well.

Its a little thing but I always fill a gallon size ziploc with ice cubes for the freezer, plus have trays as well.

A little 12 volt fan to move air and it makes white noise when someone sleeps a little noisy.

A couple solar lights to light the ground around the trailer.

A thermacell if the bugs suck. Or something to keep them away. The Off candles are a joke that I have tried.

• Like 1

Ill have to look for a few more Led's also need to check out why the main outdoor lights aren't working checked the main fuses and there good may just be both burnt out?

Ill have to grab a small fan, it has a ceiling fan but the metal pieces are missing need to order some.

I have a bug zapper I have no idea how I acquired it but may be something to toss in for gits and siggles.

The solar lights look pretty cool, maybe something ill have to pick up soon as well.

Make sure your carbon monoxide detector is good and always double or triple check the stove before heading to bed. Personally I always shut the bottles off unless its really cold and need to run the heater at night.

Good way to die for sure, but your dead ... Make sure your carbon monoxide detector is working.. good call Workman
  • Like 1

Good way to die for sure, but your dead ... Make sure your carbon monoxide detector is working.. good call Workman

I pulled that batteries out of mine. I didn't want that dam thing going off in the middle of the night waking me up.....

• Like 1

I'll tell what one shouldn't do...park right next to me to camp when there are literally thousands of other places to set up. Not sure what's up with some citiots but you would think its obvious that people go to the woods to get away from other people. Don't get me started on generators!

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. I feel better now. Won't ever understand that mentality but it helps to blow off a little steam now and then!

• Like 2