Sign in to follow this  
rageinthesage

Cottonwood, roundabout capital of the world

I havent been to cottonwood for a while but I love roundabouts. If Americans were smart enough to use them they work incredibly well. Maintain traffic flow much better and reduce accidents as well as the severity of accidents. Watched an old lady come to a full stop at one the other day and then go left on it into traffic to take a left. Cant fix stupid.

• Like 3

Business opportunity. Buy land right next to the roundabout and open a body shop.

• Like 1

Cottonwood thinks they're so cool because they are the traffic circle capital, but Chino Valley has plans to give Cottonwood a challenge to that title. They are all right for cars but totally suck for semi trucks, commercial vehicles and people who make wedding cakes.

• Like 4

Heck, there's two in the middle of the Navajo Nation headed up the HW87! Why? Goofy butt things....

• Like 1

Cottonwood thinks they're so cool because they are the traffic circle capital, but Chino Valley has plans to give Cottonwood a challenge to that title. They are all right for cars but totally suck for semi trucks, commercial vehicles and people who make wedding cakes.

LMAO

bad for trucks wth 5th wheels and old people too.

I personally like how they did them in chino espcially the one north and south of town it slowed people up big time coming into town from prescott.

that being said seen lots of people towing 5th wheels taking 3 lanes when there only 2 .

when I went up there 4 years ago (maybe 5)they just had completed that one on the south end of town it was middle of night and I drove straight through it right down the middle( they didnt have anything in there but dirt at the time.)

cop was sitting on the shoulder with lights on, on left side of road and laughing his butt off when I backed up to him so he didnt have to chase me down. told him I just woke up and didnt see it. he was laughing so hard he could barely talk said just go.

I focused on the lights and not the road. heck I drove that road a million times.

First one I encountered was in Sculthorpe, England. Bad enough I was driving a USAF Dodge 6 pack on the wrong side of the road full of ammo and a chicken crap 2nd Lt., that thought we we're going to die in that roundabout.

Yes whatever engineer designed that one where hwy 60 and 93 split in Wickenburg, forgot we're all not driving SUVs. Seen plenty of good wrecks there with semis.

• Like 2