Sign in to follow this  
win71

Food for Thought

I apologize sir. Wasnt aimed at you directly which is why I didnt quote your post. You are right though better hunters kll closer.

The biggest problem with long range shooting is the average guy lobbing bullets at animals and not going to look after a miss because they saw it on the internet once. The second biggest problem is people shooting past or over other people.

Plenty of people can shoot at animals at longer distances ethically. A heck of a whole bunch more can not.

Nothing bugs me more than watching an episode of something like the mountain project and watching them take long shots and miss several times and then hit an animal in the butt. Now the average Joe thinks that's okay.. (Not trying to put down the mountain project. I like the show and the guys)

Again. I'm not saying people can't and don't do it ethically. Just stop bragging about it. It doesn't look good to non hunters and you get copy cats that do it because it's "cool" with no practice or experience.

• Like 2

The biggest problem with long range shooting is the average guy lobbing bullets at animals and not going to look after a miss because they saw it on the internet once. The second biggest problem is people shooting past or over other people.

Plenty of people can shoot at animals at longer distances ethically. A heck of a whole bunch more can not.

Nothing bugs me more than watching an episode of something like the mountain project and watching them take long shots and miss several times and then hit an animal in the butt. Now the average Joe thinks that's okay.. (Not trying to put down the mountain project. I like the show and the guys)

Again. I'm not saying people can't and don't do it ethically. Just stop bragging about it. It doesn't look good to non hunters and you get copy cats that do it because it's "cool" with no practice or experience.

I've seen I think one or two of their shows, that's it. Maybe I just happend to see bad shots, but i wont watch anymore of their shows for that exact reason.

Exactly why I prefer shooting them outside of their comfort zone. Allows you to relax, dry fire, and get absolutely comfortable to take the best shot you possibly can. You heros that like to spook and shoot and then claim the moral high ground because you are better hunters crack me up.

Take the most ethical shot you can and know you did the best you could and move on.

Not claiming Moral Ground here, not making judgments on whats "good' or "bad". I am just not sure specifically setting up and setting out to hunt 500/600 or beyond is fair chase. This is the second post that goes on about how the deer has about zero chance of detecting danger, that indicates the lack of fair chase. Now if you see it different then lets have an open honest discussion on this.

This topic will never end opions are like a$$holes everyone has one. Just hunt the way you do and never mind what everybody else does. Ethics are up to the individual , just hunt and mind your own business .... f- me !!!

• Like 3

This topic will never end opions are like a$$holes everyone has one. Just hunt the way you do and never mind what everybody else does. Ethics are up to the individual , just hunt and mind your own business .... f- me !!!

You're probably correct by saying this topic will never end but if by some chance hunters from both sides of the argument can make some sort of compromise we might actually see some common ground being made. The "I hunt the way I hunt and you hunt the way you hunt" idea is a flawed one and won't solve the issue. If anything this ideology only makes matters worse causing further divide between hunters. I know some of us don't like to refer to hunting as a sport but by definition present day hunting is in fact a sport. With that being said how many sports do you know of where you can tell your fellow players "I'll play the way I want to play and you play the way you want to play" and expect a positive outcome? I think we can all agree that applying this philosophy to any sport would cause nothing but problems for that sport. Knowing this, how can anyone expect anything but problems when applying this same philosophy to the sport of hunting?

• Like 2

"a$$holes" is a good description of people who "hunt the way they want to." See the Heber post.

I hope that is some kind of joke there Mr. Mark

• Like 1

My new gun is a Bug-A-Salt 2.0. For the Pest Hunter. Fly facts, nobody pities the fly, but here comes the ethics, No Butterflies, or Praying Mantises, or the like are to be targeted. Adults only 18 and older. www.bugsalt.com SKELL INC. A killer company.

Is it ethical to shoot flies long range?, if the fly is winged and still alive do you need to stomp on it? Do we 7need a PETF? ;)

I am the proud owner of 2 bugassalts. I think flys have to be wing shot and everything else is fair bugs.

REAL men hunt scorpions while barefoot. THAT is the only TRUE ethical way to hunt with a bugasalt....

• Like 2

AzDiamondHeat,

Contribute. Don't write crap it isn't funny.

AzDiamondHeat,

I apologize, I must have missed the posting rules for posting on "your" thread. Can you please re-post the rules so nobody else offends you?

I find it amusing that of ALL the crap that is posted, you pick MINE to get offended about...

and yes, it WAS funny.

• Like 4

AzDiamondHeat,

I apologize, I must have missed the posting rules for posting on "your" thread. Can you please re-post the rules so nobody else offends you?

I find it amusing that of ALL the crap that is posted, you pick MINE to get offended about...

and yes, it WAS funny.

Better watch out. He is going to message you saying he knows all about you and its going to get ugly etc.

Or maybe I'm the only one he...

• Like 2

AzDiamondHeat,

and yes, it WAS funny.

Better watch out. He is going to message you saying he knows all about you and its going to get ugly etc.

All I did was try to make people upset and I never got a message... what kind of past do you have?

AzDiamondHeat,

and yes, it WAS funny.

All I did was try to make people upset and I never got a message... what kind of past do you have?

No friggin clue.