Steve- You and your sheep team did awesome. Congrats on a great looking ram.

Greg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cmille308 said:

I got hit for a sheep tag either in 46BE or 46AW. Any advice, tips, info about the area and rams there, would be greatly appreciated!

Congrats!

16 hours ago, cmille308 said:

I got hit for a sheep tag either in 46BE or 46AW. Any advice, tips, info about the area and rams there, would be greatly appreciated!

First place I would start is the Hunt Unit Info section of the AZG&F Dept website.  You will from what I have heard get info from AZG&F about a Sheep Seminar invite. Definitely go to it and once you have the info on which tag you drew I would contact Guides. As you found out there are not many tags given out so people with tags will be very tight lipped.

18 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

First place I would start is the Hunt Unit Info section of the AZG&F Dept website.  You will from what I have heard get info from AZG&F about a Sheep Seminar invite. Definitely go to it and once you have the info on which tag you drew I would contact Guides. As you found out there are not many tags given out so people with tags will be very tight lipped.

The sheep hunters clinic is Oct 5th in Tempe. You can check out adbss.org to get more info and im sure you will be receiving something about it in the mail from g&f.

You will learn that past sheep hunters in your unit will be very helpful with info.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, cmille308 said:

Get in shape.   You have a bunch of miles to walk in the next few months.    A bunch.   I put in for the 46BE tag for the last 2 years and I did a bit of research before putting in for the tag.   This hunt has very few roads and will require 3-5 miles of walking to get to the mountain you can hunt.   It's just work and you are fixing to do a bunch of it in the next few months.  Try and find the individuals that have had this tag in prior years.    I think they will be able to point you in the right direction.    They can't ever draw the tag again so most past sheep hunters are more than willing to help out guys with tags.  Good luck and have a great hunt.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bonecollector said:

You will learn that past sheep hunters in your unit will be very helpful with info.

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

As you found out there are not many tags given out so people with tags will be very tight lipped.

There's only one tag in each of those units, so you're not competing with anyone...no reason for anyone to be tight lipped.

I have a friend who had those same two units as his choices, and he got charged.  So obviously you got one and he got the other.

I had the tag in 46BE last year and am willing to share my experience just as previous tag holders did for me.

PM me if that is your tag.

The story of my hunt is in the current issue of Western Hunter magazine if you are interested.

• Like 2

Spot- i will absolutely check out the story! Now the wait begins to find out exactly where I'm goin. To be fair- It COULD have been my 11 yr old son who drew. I would be surprised (pleasantly) but I did put him in on the same card. Not for the same units, I put him in for much easier units for him. Not that ANY sheep hunt is easy. 

1uglydude- Congrats to your friend! If it was me who drew the tag, and we're in the same general area I'll PM you my info and where were going to be in case he needs anything. 

3 minutes ago, mosambeak said:

Ok boys, I don't want to kill your vibe or anything, but I just made an account just to say this to you hunters,

Thats right you guessed it, Im here to speak on behalf of the sacred animals you killed,

now I know your same old excuse is that you are doing good by controlling the numbers of wild animals in nature,

I also know your same old stories of how some animals are not even from this land and therefore you are doing good to kill them off.

I also know how much you love your little bang bang gun hobbies and how you all encourage eachother with your comments.

I know all becaue I am god, as are you if you could only realise, all those animals ARE YOU, so if you hurt them, you are only hurting yourself! or me!

we are all the same consciousness, one, you really must not harm animals, I know you want to get the buzz from going out hunting, but please try to instead go out and be in touch with nature,

don't be some ugly stupid nasty pig human, be a red indian at peace with nature, love nature, please just photograph the animals instead.

let their numbers go out of control, even wild boar, if too many wild boar happened, predators can come back to feast on them! but i dont agree with that either, because pain is still pain, and i dont like pain! do you!? hey!  wake up please, sell your nasty equipment, move on. please.

This guys get it!!

• Like 2

lol. Be a red indian? Man, that guy is a little racist! "red indians" have been hunting for thousands of years bruh. 

• Like 1

If  " we are all the same  consciousness, one", as written, I wonder if this nut job knows what I am thinking about them!    That's some funny   crappola  right there!